Turtle Wax liquid clay bar

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like to try anything that will make the upkeep of my cars easier. Today I got the turtle wax liquid clay bar and all I got to say is thumbs down. My scientific test demonstrated that the real deal works better than the TW liquid clay bar.

The test subject was my red 06 vert hood. Applied the TW liquid clay bar following the directions on half of the hood and the other half trated it with the old fashion clay bar. The results speak for themselves. The paint on the TW side still felt slightly rough to the touch :tdown: while the other half of the hood was smooth as silk.:rock:

IMO don't waste the $14.00 on the TW liquid clay bar, is not worth it.

On the other hand, the new Turtle Wax liquid polish is not too bad. doesn't leave powder residue as advertised, is easy to apply and the shine is pretty good. How long will last, that remains to be seen. Even thought it doesn't give you that wow factor when applied on the black rubber/plastic mouldings and the mirrors, it does a decent job. It'll not replace the Menzerna products I use to polish and wax my vehicles, but so far I think it is a good product for those quick in between applications when you don't have a couple hours to spend.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I was looking at that at the local store and now i'm glad I didn't pick it up. Thanks for the heads up!

matt texass

Reaction score
dammit i just bought some then i come home and see this............ eh w/e im still gonna use it

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
dammit i just bought some then i come home and see this............ eh w/e im still gonna use it
It's not all that bad. It does work to some extent, but when compared side to side with the real clay bar tratment, there's no comparison. Actually, I have an old 1986 Mazda P/U with faded out oxidized paint which will be the benefactor, along with the fukken wax and whatever else I decide to try that is not good enough for my Stangs.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Dont forget the fukken Boot too!! haha.. I need to clay bar my car when it gets back.. I got chicken poo all over her =-(

M

metroplex

I have come to the conclusion that the OTC store-bought detailing products are generally sh*t. I bought some NXT based on Mustang owner recommendations. It turns out NXT doesn't do as good of a job as Klasse AIO. The Klasse is MUCH easier to apply and remove and can be applied on plastic/vinyl/rubber, AND the Klasse doesn't contain much solvent.

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that the OTC store-bought detailing products are generally sh*t. I bought some NXT based on Mustang owner recommendations. It turns out NXT doesn't do as good of a job as Klasse AIO. The Klasse is MUCH easier to apply and remove and can be applied on plastic/vinyl/rubber, AND the Klasse doesn't contain much solvent.

That's correct. Obviously there are going to be some people that will swear over the OTC stuf. Some of it is decent but not great when compared to the professional products. Like I said before, I will try some of the OTC stuff and being a former owner of a detail shop, I can definetly tell if the stuff is good or not.

The Meguiars professional series was good years ago but they didn't keep up with product development and falled way behind in the last 10 years.

I use Menzerna products. They are great but there are other products out there that are as good if not slightly better. If you want a good selection of products and great information of auto care check out this web-site.

http://www.properautocare.com/

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back