twin turbo or saleen s/c

snakebit05

forum member
Reaction score
i all ready have the saleen i picked it up from sactown about a month ago or so and after doing a ton of research it seems like i can only get about 10 psi on the saleen ? and i still have to get more things for me to feel good about putting on my car about 2300 worth so with that being said would selling the saleen and saving up for a twin turbo be a better idea i don't want to have almost 5k to only be able to get around 10 psi. i still pretty new the idea of a supercharger and turbos so iam open to all thoughts from people and what they like about each one.

i cant remember the build on here that i saw but he is doing a twin turbo set up just like the 5.0 system that he has made. so to prevent me from doing it over twice i feel doing the twin turbo would end up being better. if i understand correctly turbos can be adjusted to when you want you boost to kick in right. iam sure iam going to get flamed a little bit for a few things that i may say but as i have said iam new to both so i want to make sure i make the right choice.

snakebit05

forum member
Reaction score
^ haha have you ever had a s/c before or did you always have a turbo

snakebit05

forum member
Reaction score
nothing to high right now say like 500 but i don't want to limit myself with the saleen because i know ill be happy for a while then ill want more power. so iam thinking of saving up and building a motor then do the twin and ill still have a good amount of room for more ? iam not a big fan of doing things twice so i don't mind having the motor a little bit over built when i do it because i know ill get there in time.

a new 5.0 would be nice but they don't look as good as the 05-09 to me well the outside anyways wish i had the interior of one but we all do or at least most of us do.

S197_smokn

forum member
Reaction score
I would do I single turbo kit from S&H, I run pretty much the same thing,same turboand the tq and power is unbelievable

snakebit05

forum member
Reaction score
i was thinking of doing the twin set up that ken b is doing on his 3v that set up looks great and iam sure it makes tons of power. i think he is using twin 57mm but not to sure .do you get any lag with a single 67mm

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
Save yourself some money and some headaches, go with a really nice billet wheel'd TCBB single setup. Spool won't be an issue.

snakebit05

forum member
Reaction score
yea iam going to be saving up for a while plus i have more things i want to do to the car before i start dropping serious money under the hood. the other stuff wont cost me as much and the fact that a drove a new 5.0 when they came out didnt help but the cost of them and the rear end is terrible has kinda of keeped me away from them

S197_smokn

forum member
Reaction score
For under 5gs you will have a hell of a car, suspension mods everything prob close to a ten sec car

TungstenGT06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can get more than 10 lbs out of the Saleen. I run 15lbs of boost now. But when you spin the Saleen hard it creates alot of heat. I'm looking to change to something better now.

snakebit05

forum member
Reaction score
thats what i have read i want to have a really efficient set up which is why im leaning towards a turbo. iam sure its a great s/c but i know ill want more and if i do build this car i only want to do it once.

TungstenGT06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I undersytand what your saying. I'm kicking myself now for not going with a better supercharger or turbo when I built the car. I already had the Saleen so I went with it.

snakebit05

forum member
Reaction score
thats right where iam and feel that i would be in the same shoes down the road

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
IMHO, the Saleen is a waste of money. There are much better PD blowers out there.

To me the question is more of whether you want a turbo or a PD blower. Sized right, a turbo (or turbos) can be damn near instantaneous. It's easy to "grow" with a turbo setup, too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back