UPDATE: DIY Throttle Response Mod

T

tube

See this link for the condensed version of the mod:
http://autobglo.com/2007/11/14/diy-free-and-easy-2005-mustang-throttle-response-modification/

Please provide feedback either here, or on my bglo as to whether or not it was helpful... etc..

Thanks
s1.gif

T

tube

I know, but those are hard to read and pick through for the info. That's why I condensed it.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know, but those are hard to read and pick through for the info. That's why I condensed it.

And it's still about as effective as putting duct tape over your windshield seals for more downforce. Learn how to drive your car - problem solved.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
actually the mod is useful. it worked on my friends 07 GT whereas he had a dead space in the pedal i could move with my hand before the car would register any RPM change from idle. My 05 does not suffer from this problem. i did notice however, he has a slightly different pedal assembly than i do

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And it's still about as effective as putting duct tape over your windshield seals for more downforce. Learn how to drive your car - problem solved.

Boy, aren't you just mister chipper? :furious:

Watch it or we'll sic Morgan (the chick) on ya. She can put a 'whoopin on you. :fight:

actually the mod is useful. it worked on my friends 07 GT whereas he had a dead space in the pedal i could move with my hand before the car would register any RPM change from idle. My 05 does not suffer from this problem. i did notice however, he has a slightly different pedal assembly than i do

I tested mine too and it's dead on (late 06). Two mm max and I get a throttle response.

SVTsupremecy

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone elses car like to have the RPMs go up 100-200 sometimes when you shift? its like i shift (put clutch pedal in) and the rpms go up 100-200 and then come down.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Boy, aren't you just mister chipper? :furious:

Nope, just Mister Roper, Lord amongst Landlords. The original post regarding this mod had several holes in the story. The resulting posts by the stripe-color aficionados at censored.com were hilarious at first, but soon became annoying ("Made my V6 feel like a GT"). As far as a "dead spot" goes, my car never had it and there was an easier method of accomplishing this mod posted at this website.

Whatever floats your boat. Uh oh, I'm turning into hawgman...

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't have that problem at all, in fact mine is touchy as hell, almost too damn touchy

T

tube

So we have yet another troll trying to dispel something that he doesn't understand..

Keep it up roper, everyone likes you more when you have a bad attitude... oh wait, not.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Easy there tube...gotta have thick skin to post stuff around here, but the good thing is there's no pissing matches here. Even though Roper does look like a troll...see his avatar? :shock: You got hammered pretty good on some of the other boards too. Who cares? Works for some and not others.

Last edited:

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
...everyone likes you more when you have a bad attitude... oh wait, not.

You were right the first time. You should be kissing my ass for bumping your POS thread. BTW, you never did address the holes in your story. Wanna do that here or across the street?

T

tube

What do you gain from being rude and nonsupporting of me? Do you have some sort of complex?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does anyone elses car like to have the RPMs go up 100-200 sometimes when you shift? its like i shift (put clutch pedal in) and the rpms go up 100-200 and then come down.

it can be tuned away. my tuner got rid of it for me

Buzzystang

forum member
Reaction score

That's built into the standard tune - emmissions most likely. A custom/mail order tune will get rid of that.

Now back to our regularly scheduled flame war...:popcorn:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back