UPDATE FINALLY!!!!! Weld RT Series wheels....(I will add this to the Sticky asap)

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally got some info back from Scott Rider who has been doing the testing for Weld on the new RT series wheels....I know I know, it's been talked about hundreds of times....and yes, these wheels are expensive, BUT, they ARE VERY STREETABLE!!!!

Here is the response I got from Scott yesterday.....

We finally got some pictures with our new RT wheels on an 07 GT. No grinding required 15x10 7.5 backspace rear, and 15x4 1.5 backspace fronts. Check out the pictures either in the Gallery or I can send you some.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Scott Rider

That is awesome news!!!! And I am gonna throw up some of the pics here as well so everyone can see them if they don't look in the sticky.....

WeldRTs1.jpg

WeldRTs2.jpg

WeldRTs3.jpg

WeldRTs4.jpg

Just to let everyone know that hasn't looked into these....They come in different options as to the black and polished...

1) Polished lip with black centers
2) All of the wheel polished
3) Black lip with polished center
4) All of the wheel black

Hope this helps someone out....I am ordering a set soon, so I'll have pics of my car posted up here in a couple of weeks....

Thanks,
Chris

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That figures just ordered a set of wheels and tires last week and they showed up yesterday, now they finally come out with lightweight wheels for on the street. Damn that really sucks, they are a very good looking wheel.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
thye look killer on that yellow car, kind of match's the fork lift behind it lol

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
We finally got some pictures with our new RT wheels on an 07 GT. No grinding required 15x10 7.5 backspace rear, and 15x4 1.5 backspace fronts.
Based on what I read in another thread, there is no guarantee that they will work on an 05/06...

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Don, you are correct.....He said on an 05/06 car there might be slight grinding....

My question is.....what exactly is the difference between the years?? Could you slap some 07 parts on an 05/06 car and it work??? Just some thoughts I have.....

Chilliwack, they are around the price of Bogarts...Not exactly sure how much Bogarts cast.....You can see the price for these on Jegs....Maybe Don, or some of the other Bogart guys can chip in and compare them better then me....

Last edited:

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
i've always like the look of these in black! i have an 06 and have been thinking about selling my whole stock rim/ M/H track setup and using that cash towards a set of 15" rims like these....

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i've always like the look of these in black! i have an 06 and have been thinking about selling my whole stock rim/ M/H track setup and using that cash towards a set of 15" rims like these....

+100000

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I normally love black wheels but there's something about those pics that screams swamp buggy
shrug.gif

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
I tried reading all of the other threads about the fitment issues between years....but, I was wondering what exactly are the difference's between the 05/06 cars and the 07 up brakes?? What is making the difference in the fitment?

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I tried reading all of the other threads about the fitment issues between years....but, I was wondering what exactly are the difference's between the 05/06 cars and the 07 up brakes?? What is making the difference in the fitment?

Calipers ? remember reading something about that on TMS, but in my head it was the new one were is little bigger, not the reverse.

Last edited:

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Weld

Based on what I read in another thread, there is no guarantee that they will work on an 05/06...

I have them on my 05 GT Weld Racing Alumi Stars.
I don't know how to post pics on here from my computer.
I will tell you it is so close to the caliper,i had to remove the sticky weights on the rim inside as they hit.
Total weight for front rim with MT 15x10x27.5 tire = 22 lbs.
Stock 17 rim & pirelli tire = 48 lbs.
Weight savings = 26 lbs per tire.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Well, Scott had his powdercoated black....I am gonna be running the polished wheel with the black centers....

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I'm really loving these wheels ... :thumb::thumb:

Why would they not work on a 05 or 06? The calipers are smaller on those years than the 2007+ cars. I'm confused.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back