Used 2011 GT Looking for opinions on this car

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
I am getting ready to pick up one of these 5.0s..

I found a used 2011 that looks like it may be a Brembo car but I am not sure. It is at a BMW dealer so I'm betting they do not know much about it...

Some concerns I have are the stripes...They are not complete as in run down the rear decklid and front bumper. Is this factory or what?

It obviously has the Brembo rims and a strut bar, but can you 5.0 experts verify this is a Brembo car by looking at the pics while I get the vin from this dealer?

The car is located about 3 hours from me so I would like to be confident before I go look at it. I have already walked away from two used ones that showed signs of being modded or were hard to shift...I want this to be my new project :naughty1:

Let me know what you guys think or what other information I can dig up for me/you.

Edit:

Link...duhhh

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...e=b&num_records=25&cardist=163&standard=false

Thank you!

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Factory stripe option was a super snake style and only available on certain packages. I don't think that I'd buy a used one at this point in time without doing a compression test on #8.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
it is indeed a Brembo car, not sure about the stripes (and I dont personally like them) as said Id have the VIN checked and verified to have warranty intact. have the ecm checked and verified not to have been tuned (voiding the warranty) once you sign on the dotted line there is no turning back, so cover all the bases before buying used

Wish I Had a Nice Car

forum member
Reaction score
it is indeed a Brembo car, not sure about the stripes (and I dont personally like them) as said Id have the VIN checked and verified to have warranty intact. have the ecm checked and verified not to have been tuned (voiding the warranty) once you sign on the dotted line there is no turning back, so cover all the bases before buying used

I beleive if they mark the "Existing Factory Warranty" box, and there isnt one, and a problem arises and ford says the warranty was voided before you bought it, that they have to take the vehicle back, or pay for the repairs.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
How will he have the ecm checked to see if it has been flashed? Can't see the BMW dealer letting him take it to the Ford dealership to find out.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
How will he have the ecm checked to see if it has been flashed? Can't see the BMW dealer letting him take it to the Ford dealership to find out.
if they wanna sell the car bad enough (in this economy Im sure they want to move it out) Im sure they wouldnt object

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
Yeah the stripes are not doing it for me either...they need to be complete or have some accent along side...

I have a new 2012 base on order, but if I can find a clean, low milage used one for less with more options I will take it..

Vin: 1ZVBP8CF0B5157937

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
It's a Brembo car from the one picture I could look at that showed the front, left tire. The caliper is all black and not silver. Silver would mean standard brakes. Plus, the caliper is a bit longer/larger, so it's a safe bet it is, indeed, a Brembo car.

As mentioned, get the VIN and call Ford and ask them if it's been flagged for any reason.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
interesting part is it has "California Emissions System"

It is the law in some states that cars must be equipped with CA emissions starting at a particular year. It should only be something different in the factory tuning.

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score

atistang

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks. I was hoping it still had the 3.31 gear.

Keep ya posted on what happens.

Honestly i was bummed that mine had a 3.31 when i found it, but after driving it the mt82 makes the 3.31 gear perform very well. If i can get more torque down low from a tune then I'll never change it

Reaction score
I beleive if they mark the "Existing Factory Warranty" box, and there isnt one, and a problem arises and ford says the warranty was voided before you bought it, that they have to take the vehicle back, or pay for the repairs.

If I recall a member had this same scenario happen and ford said tough shit. Had something to do with his rear end or something.

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
I'm right at 29k otd...tuff call cause I'd really like to have a Brembo car but dont see the point paying for anything more than a base model brand new for what I plan to use the car for.

atistang

forum member
Reaction score
I'm right at 29k otd...tuff call cause I'd really like to have a Brembo car but dont see the point paying for anything more than a base model brand new for what I plan to use the car for.
What are you going to use the car for?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back