Venturesheild Car Bra

jcodestang

forum member
Reaction score
I am going to be getting a Ventureshield car bra for my GT. I know I want one and I know who I am going to have install it.

My question is how much of the front end of the car should I have covered. The standard kit includes covering front bumper, front 10" of hood and fenders, and the side mirrors. The price I was quoted was $595, about what I was thinking.

Then the installer threw me for a loop. He asked how I use the car, and said it was my "fun" nice weather car that would make 2 or 3 trips to the road course a year. He suggested that I get a complete wrap of my front end, above the windsheild, and the rockers and behind the wheels. This package is what he has done for several Porshe owners who track their car. The price $1250. and he will prep the car before to get the paint perfect no swirls or scratches before he applies the ventureshield.

anyone with the clear bra regret not getting the entire front wrapped? do you think that it is worth it for a mustang? I just have the base GT, If i had a shelby or a boss it would not be a question i would do it. I am planning on keeping this car for a long time.

Thanks for your input I keep changing my mind.

v8venomgt

forum member
Reaction score
i have the 3m stuff on my bumper, and leading edges of my fenders and hood on my 08 bullitt. my car doesnt see a ton of miles, but i havent seen any chipping on the roof or rockers. ive thought of it, but im not overly concerned about it. i avoid construction area as much as i can, and there arent any dirt or gravel roads out this way. if you live in a smiliar area, i wouldnt worry about it.

if youre that concerned, wrap the entire car. the tires can still kick up debris onto your 1/4 panels, lower fenders, rear bumper, etc. shit happens, if you want to leave it perfect as can be, store it in the garage, leave it in a bubble, and dont breathe on it.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I would never do a partial I would just do the whole panel. I wouldn't worry about the roof though. I say either do the front bumper alone or the front bumper, whole hood, and complete fenders. What color is your car?

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I did it myself in my garage and did most of the car: bumper, hood, fenders, fender flares, A-pillars, roof, rear bumper, door edges.

Honestly, it helps a bit but I still get rock chips on other exposed parts, namely: the entire hood even though the front 18" are protected. I get some on the rear fender flares too. I don't tailgate and leave plenty of room between cars on the freeway and I still get random chips here and there.

Mine is daily driven. your $1250 price is somewhat high. A lot of places here will do it for $800 for the entire front end. If you do it yourself, you're looking to save quite a bit of money, but I warn you, it takes a lot of time and patience to get it really nice.

If you are perfectionist and small imperfections bug you, then you probably want to have this professionally done. What color is your car? If you have a darker color, the imperfections will be more obvious. If you have a light colored car, it won't be as noticeable (i.e., white cars are really easy to do because none of the blemishes really show).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back