Vinyl hood blackout?

Viperbluelx

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone know a source for a vinyl hood blackout? I'd like to black everything between the hood lines

KcMstang

forum member
Reaction score
Used paint here...had multiple vinyl setups in the past and none ever lasted. Swear by paint and be done with it.

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt 4G

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
What did paint run you to do that? My thoughts about going with vinyl on mine is that the paint is sticking like cr2p to the aluminum hood. I have so many paint chips it's crazy. Figured vinyl would give me one more layer of protection and I'd probably throw an extra layer at the front lip.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What did paint run you to do that? My thoughts about going with vinyl on mine is that the paint is sticking like cr2p to the aluminum hood. I have so many paint chips it's crazy. Figured vinyl would give me one more layer of protection and I'd probably throw an extra layer at the front lip.

you can say crap, no need to disguise it. FUCK FUCK FUCK lol

You go to an auto body place and they paint it. Your not painting it by yourself with a spray can. unless your a ricer.

postalworker

forum member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of the vinyl on my 05. The hood was done by a local installer who does work for most of the dealers in the area. It was installed in Sept 05 and still looks good today. I do not have any recent pics as the car is now in CA with my daughter. I use the Meguiers Quick Detailer on it and keeps the soft sheen and protects from fading.

Attachments

• My05 002.jpg
    My05 002.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 42
  • My05 003.jpg
    My05 003.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 47
  • My05 005.jpg
    My05 005.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 28

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
Paint is probably the best but I like the appeal of undoing it at a moments notice should I want to or feel I need to. I was considering buying a large piece (3'x5') and drapping it over the hood. Kind of like the Steeda hoods. Debating whether I want to do a flat black or carbon fiber look.

Gerardo

RedSteedaQ-1.jpg

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I never understand why people let girls crawl all over their car just for the sake of a pic.......and when they accidentally push in the roof or hood you'll be wondering, was it really worth it???

KcMstang

forum member
Reaction score

I had it painted at a bodyshop. Color is called hotrod black...I paid $350 but I've used the same bodyshop for years so I always get good rates/discounts there.

:asskiss1:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
I never understand why people let girls crawl all over their car just for the sake of a pic.......and when they accidentally push in the roof or hood you'll be wondering, was it really worth it???

because some of us arent pansies about our cars.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I had it painted at a bodyshop. Color is called hotrod black...I paid $350 but I've used the same bodyshop for years so I always get good rates/discounts there.

:asskiss1:
That setup is badass, love the sig pic

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back