Vinyl Super Snake Stripe = epic fail!!

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i did my stripe without water, but it was me and a very experienced vinyl guy doing it

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Only question is: if you do it with water, how do you align the stripe and keep it from sliding and becoming slightly crooked? Does it get enough "wet stick" to not move too much while you squeegee the water out??

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Only question is: if you do it with water, how do you align the stripe and keep it from sliding and becoming slightly crooked? Does it get enough "wet stick" to not move too much while you squeegee the water out??

I used a rubber card and a heat gun. Kept heat on one corner to get it to stick and then gently got the water out.

JimsWhite05GT

forum member
Reaction score
Did mine myself using soapy water and it turned out great. Had never worked with vinyl before. Mines just on the hood though.

Biggest problem was the wind picking up before I got done. Still turned out good and still looking good after 3 years.

I've got one of those silicone blades made to dry cars off with, worked great as a squeegee.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score

As soon as you squeegie the water out of one part of the aligned vinyl it doesn't move at all.
Slide it around till you get it right, hold it down and squeegie all the water out.
My stripes have been on for 3 years now, not even a lifted corner.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
I've seen a couple of flat black SuperSnake stripes be installed dry on a couple of cars. It all depends on the installer, and the type of vinyl. The biggest I've ever installed has been windshield banners, and I wouldn't dream of doing those any other way but wet, but I'm no pro.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Practice with some of the leftover stripe first. Its actually simple to do once you understand how it works. Check youtube I imagine there a few how to vids there as well.
Your friend owes you a case of beer at the very least. What a wanker.

psumustang

Dirty Jerz to SoFlo
Reaction score
It's very easy the wet method, start with the hood or roof stripes since they are the easiest, no tricky curves. For the bumpers spend a little bit more time and use a heat gun or hair dryer to help with the corners. USE A LOT OF SOAP AND WATER is my biggest suggestion. and try not to use a credit card, I have so many customers complaining that their vinyl is scratched from installation, this is because your using a credit card!! Get a felt squeegee, their only a few bucks. If you can't afford that, then get a piece of left over vinyl and rap the credit card with it and then use it as a squeegee

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
It's very easy the wet method, start with the hood or roof stripes since they are the easiest, no tricky curves. For the bumpers spend a little bit more time and use a heat gun or hair dryer to help with the corners. USE A LOT OF SOAP AND WATER is my biggest suggestion. and try not to use a credit card, I have so many customers complaining that their vinyl is scratched from installation, this is because your using a credit card!! Get a felt squeegee, their only a few bucks. If you can't afford that, then get a piece of left over vinyl and rap the credit card with it and then use it as a squeegee

You're in Springs, I'm in Southwest Ranches...next time I'm down for some leave, can I persuade you with a case of beer and some pizza or something to give me a hand?? :) It'll be around Columbus Day I believe since I didn't bring the Mustang down this time...

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
I put my side stripes on flawless, soapy water and squeegie.
Not that hard.

time consuming, but not that difficult. I've done 3 sets and had never done anything like this before. A little common sense, a little patience and a couple days is all it takes.

Anthonynoz

Reaction score
I did my hash stripes and it says u need soap and water and that there will some air bubbles which you need to pop with a needle but that the vinyl "self-seals" to close up the needle holes. I love the way mine came out.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back