Visiting DFW/Plano-Dragstrips?

1sloGT

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys. So I may be transferring over to Plano TX for work so my wife and I are taking a trip out there in a couple weeks to check it out. My question for some of you locals is about the Drag Strips, I'm going to be there from the 26th-29th, a monday through thursday.

It seems like the only place open during the week to race is yello belly dragstrip, and most of the forum searches on that place are pretty old and describe it as pretty sketch, not someplace I'd want to bring my hot wife and was pretty rampant with violent folks, but the newest thread I could find was circa 2011. Any of you guys have any insight? We can get into a camaro SS rental (or equivalent) for cheap and I'd just love to get down the strip while I was out there, ideally quarter mile but it seems like all the test and tunes are friday and we'll already be gone. Should I save a few bucks on the rental and forget hitting the strip while we're out?

Any must hit burger joints or hot spots to see some TX muscle cars?

downtime!

IAMKONABLUE
Reaction score
Yellow Belly has been around for a very long time, but these days, you better be armed if you go there.

Quarter mile tracks in the area are Dallas Raceway (Crandall) and The Motorplex in Ennis.

Eighth mile tracks in the area are Denton (Northstar) and Texas Raceway (Kennedale). Redline is just on the East side of Dallas out I-30.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back