Well Crap

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I'll have to borrow a fluke from work since my dvm is real basic.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Try using ur basic DVM. You will know in 2 secs if it contains the dc block caps. Better yet, just borrow a fluke from work...(make sure the 9 vdc battery is good) . I just edited my post above you with more info. What year is ur car, auto or stick..and how old is the alternator. If it's > 10 yrs old, it would be suspect. But if it tests ok on the fluke, then at least u can scratch the alternator off ur list. Bad alternators have cause no end of grief to folks while trbl shooting....'phantom issues'.

TylerM

Reaction score
Try using ur basic DVM. You will know in 2 secs if it contains the dc block caps. Better yet, just borrow a fluke from work...(make sure the 9 vdc battery is good) . I just edited my post above you with more info. What year is ur car, auto or stick..and how old is the alternator. If it's > 10 yrs old, it would be suspect. But if it tests ok on the fluke, then at least u can scratch the alternator off ur list. Bad alternators have cause no end of grief to folks while trbl shooting....'phantom issues'.
I replaced the alternator in 2017.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I replaced the alternator in 2017.

Just test it. I have been through 5 and one was bad out of the box at the ford service center. I have since switched to a 2010 alternator and haven't had an issue yet.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back