What Brand of 93 gas do you use?

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Around my neck of the woods... The only gas station that does not look like they might rip us all off and put 87 in all three tanks is a Chevron. So that is all I use and have used from the first tank...

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Shell 93 no ethanol. I prefer Chevron but none around.

I doubt very seriously there is any publicly available 93 octane without ethanol available in the US as an auto fuel. Either it has ethanol or else it must be labeled as off road fuel/ race fuel/ aviation fuel/ marine fuel. Some stations may not display an ethanol sticker but it still has ethanol in it.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I doubt very seriously there is any publicly available 93 octane without ethanol available in the US as an auto fuel. Either it has ethanol or else it must be labeled as off road fuel/ race fuel/ aviation fuel/ marine fuel. Some stations may not display an ethanol sticker but it still has ethanol in it.

MTBE may be added as an option to ethanol for oxygenation purposes. MTBE will form deposits in the fuel system that ethanol will clean.

I always ask why no ethanol just to know the thought process behind it. I see it as very beneficial to modern motors. In fact I believe that part of the reason we are able to run high compression motors on pump gas has to do with the combustion cooling effect ethanol provides but that's not news to anyone on this site.

FYI the oil companies fought using ethanol because MTBE is made with their hazardous waste and most of them don't make ethanol so it cuts into their profits. One oil company now is the largest ethanol producer in the US. It's Valero. They bought up all of Verasuns plants in the corn belt of South Dakota, Iowa, and Minnesota.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Around my neck of the woods... The only gas station that does not look like they might rip us all off and put 87 in all three tanks is a Chevron. So that is all I use and have used from the first tank...

They can try. My father in law is a state inspector for fueling stations. Several places in So. Cal have tried that or 'mistakenly' filled with a lesser grade and charged customers the price of higher grade. Usually if he can prove it he shuts them down for good with the fines. Ever wonder why a small station will suddenly be taken over by a larger more well known entity? It is because they can no longer operate under their old name being due to these violations. Stations don't make their money off of fuel they make it off of snacks. So owners are tempted to try it.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score

Around here to get E85, you have to go out of state. However, almost every regular gas station has 10-15% Ethanol in it. There is a local station that is Ethanol free, but I am not sure what its highest octane is.

302GT

forum member
Reaction score

WOT

forum member
Reaction score

There's still some places that 93, 100 and 110 are still available but they are becoming very rare.

http://pure-gas.org/

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Who else here is stuck with 91 E10 and that's it?

No 93 and no E85. But we have a cenex, conoco, and exxon refinery all within 10 miles of my house.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
I've been using Costco gas as of late. The line there though is ridiculous.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
There's still some places that 93, 100 and 110 are still available but they are becoming very rare.

http://pure-gas.org/

There are A TON of 100% gas 91octane in Oklahoma. Not a whole lot of 93, but there were a few in my hometown and college town.

There's more CNG or 93 100% gas there than e85 though, that's for sure.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Make sure it isn't leaded and isn't avgas. The specific gravity of avgas is generally less than automotive gas. As a result it has to be compensated for. I'd also check the stoich as racing gas varies depending on what they used to obtain the octane.

Maybe you should take a few degrees of spark out?

is it ok to run 100 Non ethanol in our cars? I've been using Sunoco 93 w/10% ethanol and have been seeing 1.75 degrees of knock in my data logs-

Stigma

forum member
Reaction score
Make sure it isn't leaded and isn't avgas. The specific gravity of avgas is generally less than automotive gas. As a result it has to be compensated for. I'd also check the stoich as racing gas varies depending on what they used to obtain the octane.

Maybe you should take a few degrees of spark out?
Exactly..i sent the data logs to Mike and he backed some out...i just hope i can pick up where i left off ET wise...

I will update this thread Saturday night after the track-

2011/5.0

Reaction score
I get my 93 at the walmart 10% ethanol Only 93 ive found in cedarfalls iowa

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back