What have you done to your house today

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Me and my wife went to lowes and home depot to look for a gas oven today and couldn't decide on one. We're looking for a stainless steel convection gas oven. At first we wanted a double oven but now we are open to a single oven. Between all the brands we have no idea what to choose. Anyone purchase one recently or have one they would recommend?? We're looking at lowes and home depot online for one around 1k price range.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Me and my wife went to lowes and home depot to look for a gas oven today and couldn't decide on one. We're looking for a stainless steel convection gas oven. At first we wanted a double oven but now we are open to a single oven. Between all the brands we have no idea what to choose. Anyone purchase one recently or have one they would recommend?? We're looking at lowes and home depot online for one around 1k price range.

We got a GE Adora gas range last year and I love it. It's a 5 burner top including a long center burner with a swappable flattop and the oven has a convection function. I'm not positive but I think we got it for about $900.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
For the bathroom I recommend a curved shower rod. Gives you a lot more room without the curtain slapping you on the ass. This pic is from my bathroom remodel a couple years ago.

Last edited:

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
2 of the garage door openers went bad yesterday; one stopped responding, the other stripped a gear.

Opinions on the Liftmaster 8500?

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
For the bathroom I recommend a curved shower rod. Gives you a lot more room without the curtain slapping you on the ass. This pic is from my bathroom remodel a couple years ago.

Yeah that was the plan, i purchased one yesterday with all the other stuff, but my medicine cabinet is to close to the tub, gotta take iy back and get a straight one

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
A friend has a whole row of them in his new house, and he's loving them. They seem to be getting good feedback on garagejournal.com as well.

I like them because they're out of the way, simpler, and more quit than others I've encountered.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
A friend has a whole row of them in his new house, and he's loving them. They seem to be getting good feedback on garagejournal.com as well.

I like them because they're out of the way, simpler, and more quit than others I've encountered.

Mine right now is a ceiling mounted and it vibrates the entire house since it's a basement garage.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Reminds me, I need to grease my garage door. The former owner used WD-40 and it makes a horrendous sound opening up.

Finished up some of my office this weekend. Still need to order a desk.

edit: my face looks really fucked up in that reflection

vugy3eny.jpg

Last edited:

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Reminds me, I need to grease my garage door. The former owner used WD-40 and it makes a horrendous sound opening up.

Finished up some of my office this weekend. Still need to order a desk.

edit: my face looks really fucked up in that reflection

vugy3eny.jpg

Damn...that's too easy. I'm gonna let it go.

Display looks good though. LOL.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Finally decided on a stainless steel oven and microwave combo, so I took the wife to home depot to see it in person. Now I'm sitting at work on a graveyard reading reviews on a stainless steel double oven haha. At first she didnt want me buying a more expensive double oven but changed her mind after seeing one in person. hoping I can find one at home depot or lowes online so we can order it tomorrow morning.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My biggest complaint with a double oven (we looked at them before we got what we got) was the lack of space for those few large items (turkey, ham, etc). While its not every day that I cook something like that, it does happen and it would suck to not be able to do it.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Finally decided on a stainless steel oven and microwave combo, so I took the wife to home depot to see it in person. Now I'm sitting at work on a graveyard reading reviews on a stainless steel double oven haha. At first she didnt want me buying a more expensive double oven but changed her mind after seeing one in person. hoping I can find one at home depot or lowes online so we can order it tomorrow morning.

Pm sent on Lowes 10% coupon.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back