What have you done to your house today

Torched S197

forum member
Reaction score
Your tile looks almost exactly like the tile we got to do our shower in. I finished framing up some walls that I had to take out a few days ago. Ill go back and take a pic in a little while and post it up

Edit:
F46FBC3B-D683-412A-9123-C5FF2840DC7A-1617-000001A0474CF34E_zps068459e2.jpg

FD579893-AEAE-4831-BD60-7E6D23271C33-1617-000001A04CFEB8ED_zpsc33ba8af.jpg

Last edited:

JimC

Reaction score
Got all the pavers laid in place, back filled with some crushed stone around the edges as well as some pieces that are hidden under the crushed stone to keep the edge pavers from moving.

As soon as these thunderstorms let up I can finish putting the paver lock in place and using it to fill the seams between the stones.

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
Got the last door for the garage picked up.... But ran into a problem. This door has a multi point lock system installed with no handle set..... I checked the manufacturer's website. The lockset/handleset is almost 300.00 for it. Since I bought the door at a restore place taking it back is not an option. Can someone tell me if I can find a regular deadbolt and handle set and just ditch the guts and use the casings and key sections on it... This is what I am working with.

the one on the right is what I am mostly concerned with. That star shape is new to me.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Can you check with a local locksmith to see if he has something used? Sorry, not really familiar with those types of locks.

Last edited:

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something the star shape just allows you to put a square shaft in at different positions. You should be able to install a separate knob / deadbolt set in the two holes. I'd say it was 'strange' that the door was drilled for something other than a standard one piece dual setup, but after doing the work on my house that seems pretty normal.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
That ^^^ looks great!

I should have that same feeling later today - the new vanity tops/sinks and kitchen counter-tops are due today 12-2PM.

I should have at least 2 working sinks later today then (the bathroom ones).

The kitchen sink ... that's gonna be a little while longer since I want a new disposal unit and I haven't bought it yet ... but I'll have new kitchen counter-tops which is another huge step forward to getting this place looking "proper" :)

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
I hung the mirrors too but I was too tired at that point to care to take pics.

It is nice to have sinks. You'll be living in high cotton when you get those bathrooms back online Gabe.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
HA! I was looking and thinking that there's something missing above that sink, was thinking you didn't get to hang whatever mirror/cabinet you were gonna put there ... lol

I can actually be 100% done with the bathrooms this weekend if I wanted to / if I had the motivation.

I still need to grout the new tile, install the trim pieces for the new water valve, new tub spout, new shower head, need to caulk the bottom of the tile and the corners, buy a curtain rod and a curtain, and I think that will finish it, once the new top/sink is back in action too of course.

That would be amazing! Lol

I think I'm gonna buy something for above the toilet too. Plus I need to install the new satin-nickel toilet flush handle kit, the new soft-close seat/lid, the new satin-nickel towel bar, and in the other bathroom I want to get a new fan/heater/light combo since the heat doesn't work and the fan is stupid-loud

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Finally got the new granite counter tops installed, along with matching bath-vanity tops, and all new sinks:

2013-05-24_granite07_zps13f96916.jpg

2013-05-24_granite08_zps8ed5df7d.jpg

2013-05-24_granite09_zpsec38be0c.jpg

2013-05-24_granite05_zpsd34d04e7.jpg

2013-05-24_granite04_zps909a49db.jpg

Last edited:

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something the star shape just allows you to put a square shaft in at different positions. You should be able to install a separate knob / deadbolt set in the two holes. I'd say it was 'strange' that the door was drilled for something other than a standard one piece dual setup, but after doing the work on my house that seems pretty normal.

You were spot on. Saved a ton buy just buying a regular lock and deadbolt at lowes

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
You were spot on. Saved a ton buy just buying a regular lock and deadbolt at lowes

When you posted the pic I was kinda lost as to why you wouldn't buy the locks as separate pieces, that's what I did for my new lock set for the door to my condo, and they both use the same key which is a lot more convenient than the 2 key set-up I had ...

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Today I bought a few things I wanted/needed for the bathrooms (new toothbrush holders, liquid-soap dispensers, waste baskets, all in brushed-nickel finish)

More importantly, I hooked up one of the bathroom faucets, installed a new p-trap and hooked it all up.
Turned on the water pressure underneath and no leaks.
Ran the faucet into a small plastic container to make sure it worked ok.
Can't run water down the sink yet since the sealant I used in-between the drain flange and the sink needs 24 hrs to cure. Couldn't use plumber's putty since the front of the sink hole wasn't perfectly round, it had a gap. The sealant is white so it blends very well into the white of the sink.

But I'm quite happy with how this turned out so far. Can't wait to actually use it!! :)

2013-05-25_bath-faucet-vanity_zps9f64961b.jpg

And yes, I need wall-base tile on each side of the new vanity. I have them, they'll be installed eventually, not a high priority right now, lol

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
Working on the 11 yards of mulch we had delivered last week. Lots of work to go as we maybe installed 1/2 of it thus far. But we are off this week, so the plan is do a little each day and not kill ourselves.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sunday morning with beer. Enjoyed . Now in the pool for a few !!

ehube5y6.jpg

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dam thats some purty grass

Ya I'm a lil bit of a grass/yard freak. It has some crabgrass I can get rid of. But all in all it looks majority of St. Aug. I think leaky pool is giving it water .

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
God I wish my yard looked that good. I'm working on it but right now its largely dandelions and clover. :sly:

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
God I wish my yard looked that good. I'm working on it but right now its largely dandelions and clover. :sly:

I have a couple patches of clover, that shit is thick and grows like crazy.

Edit: supposedly the previous owners just reseeded the whole lawn last year, but i cant tell. I mean it looks pretty good, but there are some bad spots and some weeds mixed in there

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back