What have you done to your house today

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Finished dealing with the wood chips, knocked down all the dirt edges that the stump grinding left behind... Transplanted five bushes, built a set of fences in the front yard and started to build the outdoor living space...

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
What would you use to clean up the siding on the left side of the house?
Pressure washer or some chemical?

I used something called EZ HouseClean that I bought at Home Depot, it barely did anything

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Finally got the generator hooked up yesterday and did the first start-up.
The electrical still needs to be hooked up, so this was only a short run

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score

I used something called EZ HouseClean that I bought at Home Depot, it barely did anything

That depends... If prepping for painting, there are many abrasive ways. If trying to unstain the current paint, not much one can do. If trying to remove mold/dirt/pollen. I use Simple Green in a power-washer. But I "Pre-scrub" it with a wood brush...

It is best to use a "Hot water" power washer for stains and oils...

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score

Haven't researched too deeply, I'm assuming a mixture of pressure washer, cleaner, and scrubbing. That side is by far the worst, it's the north side so not sun but it also doesn't have any trees near it so I don't know whats up. Is this a recurring issue or just has never been cleaned since built in 99?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

The stuff I bought had you mix some bleach in. Worked great.

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score

The stuff I bought had you mix some bleach in. Worked great.

I used a 40/60 solution of bleach/water. Sprayed it on, let it sit for about 90 seconds and then sprayed it off with the pressure washer (with the low pressure nozzle) and it was like new. Cheap and effective...

Plants in the runoff won't care for it thought...

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
More progress on outdoor shack
07a7aa6f936c555aa683c2dbdc428989.jpg

JimC

Reaction score
Put the house on the market - not sure how I feel about it, I really like our house and the space. But my wife is concerned with retirement and cash flow, as well as the fact we don't really need this big house and she would like to downsize.

Looking at places with deeded beach rights, much smaller than we live in now. Having the beach on Lake Huron would be nice.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Downstairs carpet ripped up, 3 bedrooms and hall upstairs carpet and padding pulled (upstairs living room once I get rid of this pile), entire house hole patched, doorstops, some bushes cut down, downspouts repaired, paint to come
DYPXBCO.jpg

Tk6xe5w.jpg

90chqTF.jpg

MKSZGmu.jpg

soV5HvU.jpg

JimC

Reaction score
We decided to put the house on the market on Saturday, today the sign went up after a walk through by the staff at the broker.

This afternoon got a call - someone wants to come see the house tomorrow already. They saw the pictures of the kitchen/great room remodel that we did in 2010 and that was enough for them to say we have to see this house.

Not sure how I feel. I really like my house but downsizing makes sense since my wife and I don't really need all this room.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We decided to put the house on the market on Saturday, today the sign went up after a walk through by the staff at the broker.

This afternoon got a call - someone wants to come see the house tomorrow already. They saw the pictures of the kitchen/great room remodel that we did in 2010 and that was enough for them to say we have to see this house.

Not sure how I feel. I really like my house but downsizing makes sense since my wife and I don't really need all this room.

We did just the opposite. We lived in a nice house that was only 1,247 sq ft for the last 10 years. We finally decided we outgrew the house and put it on the market. Sold in 2 days......then 12 days later buyer backed out....put on the market again, sold in 3 days.

SO the new house is still reasonable, its 2400 sq ft, 3 car garage. NOW, all of the toys and wife's bins go in the 3rd car garage, and I get the entire 2 car garage to myself. Just finished the new set up as we moved in last weekend.

PART_1434943316090_.IMG_20150621_202056.jpg~original

^^^got another work bench, added a fridge, and installed new wall cabinets. Air compressor and stereo is on other wall you can't see in the pic. 3 sets of LED lights on the ceiling, and one under the top shelf over the work space.

PART_1434943252315_.IMG_20150621_202014.jpg~original

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
That is awesome.

I'm looking to move to something a little larger in the next 3-4 years. Biggest thing is more garage space an ceiling height for two four post lifts. I have 2600sq ft right now and that's perfectly livable for 2-3 people IMO.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Every gear head needs a garage of at least 1600sqft with 14 foot ceilings for half of it and the other half a second floor for parts/bulk storage...

I'm just trying to figure out how to do that in a region that doesn't condone such behavior; local gov't, HOA's, etc.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Every gear head needs a garage of at least 1600sqft with 14 foot ceilings for half of it and the other half a second floor for parts/bulk storage...

I'm just trying to figure out how to do that in a region that doesn't condone such behavior; local gov't, HOA's, etc.

Agreed!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back