What have you done to your house today

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't messed with the tree at all. The shrubs though are way down. You should go look at my "new house" thread and look at the first pics. It was bad.

If I remember right, the exterior of the house had not been maintained when you bought it. Evergreens are tough, I really hack mine down every year to keep them under control. When they get out of control, almost easier to yank them and start over.

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
I'm right there with you. Been here since May and still haven't started on the garage yet. I have a workbench in the kitchen though. :roflsquared:
I at least have everything up against a wall so I can fit a car in if need be but just not up to my liking. Can't wait till I can afford to build/buy a decent shed to free up alot of garage space. It's only a 18x20 so I need all I can get

Saleen4971

forum member
Reaction score
yesterday i bought my (first) house.

today wife and i bought a clothes dryer for said house.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Congrats!

Lol, so true ..... good bye to extra cash for a while ...

Goodbye to making your own decisions too. The house and the wife make them now. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

007GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
Finished up some more of my garage. Got all the Air Compressor lines ran and Oil fogger for the impact.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451834915.150771.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451834930.965730.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451834945.134812.jpg

Then Hot rodded my washer [emoji12] lmao
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451834975.255994.jpg

Saleen4971

forum member
Reaction score
View attachment 55093

Today, new water heater. Yesterday was nest thermostat. Day before that was putting 10 LED bulbs in the most used places, and moving the random CFL in place of current incandescent bulbs.

Thursday we get our gas dryer so wifey can start doing laundry again.

007GTCS

forum member
Reaction score
Works some more on my Garage/shop. Got my peg board to organize my tools up. Bought a tool carts. And made sure it was mustang notable!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452402276.731981.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452402289.881412.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452402302.765862.jpg

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Seriously need to put an exhaust vent on the microwave to the outside. The recirculation fan doesn't do a very good job. I've set the smoke alarms off several times.

On another note, loving the gas fireplace in this cold weather, although at some point want to upgrade the logs to a remote controlled set. Also installed a Nest thermostat the other day and it's been great so far.

Saleen4971

forum member
Reaction score
Love my nest, I really want to get the smoke detectors and cameras for it as well.

Also integrates with hue bulbs as well.

lemkau77

forum member
Reaction score
I redid a bunch of wiring in the basement and fixed some issues I found, and hopefully some issues I was having with breakers tripping. I found that someone had put 2 circuits under 1 breaker. I split that out and separated the back half of the basement from the upstairs and mad it so that outlets and lighting was also on separate circuits.

I also finished this wall recently with a new barn door setup

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Don't know if it's good news or bad news. I went up in the attic (again) to further investigate the water stains in my ceiling. Every single spot was midway between the trusses, even though roof leaks tend to travel down the trusses. I found some scratch marks in the blown insulation at two of the wet areas. So I set a couple more drip trays over the wet spots (the last one I placed 3 months ago was dry) and went to Home Depot to load up on mouse bait and some glue traps.

I hate the idea of critters living in my attic pissing in my insulation, but on the other hand that would be a lot less expensive than a new roof.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
The house we bought has a big open living area that's open to the second floor. Big A frame house. The previous owner I guess thought he was doing us a favor by installing those "boob" lights all over the damn house, so I've been replacing one or two of them a week with something less awful.

I've been wanting to put in can lights over the stairs and two to replace the boob lights in our sloped ceilings because they make the ceiling look so much lower with those things hanging down. Found these awesome flush mount LEDs at Lowe's for 2/$40. Look just like can lights except that they bulge maybe 3/4" below the drywall. Thrilled with the results.

Here's the before and after above the stairs. I'm not outrageously tall, but at 6-feet tall the hanging one made me duck a little every time I went down the stairs.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456737724.029980.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456737740.168611.jpg

Premium08

Need to Get Another Pony
Reaction score
Finally got the Over the Range microwave exhausted to the outside, and to my surprise no studs were in the way. Made the install way easier, now hopefully I can stop setting off the smoke alarms

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Moved into parents duplex for a little while, plus side it's cheap and has a 2 car garage, bad news the garage floor gets covered in water when it rains.
I believe the culprit is mainly the rear wall where the ground level is even mostly with the concrete slab, started digging a ditch to help drain water, planning a French drain.

Just so many damn roots and rocks is hard to dig, and there's not much room to use a trencher so gotta do it by hand.

And I gotta figure out where I'm gonna run the water, gotta look into code to see what's legal to do to drain

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back