What have you done to your mustang today?

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Just did a bunch of bs trying to fix a coolant issue. I love building... I hate re-building.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Detailed it Saturday and proved I've warped the nephews & niece I am now caring for. The oldest (8) does help & is learning about cars quickly, he's as much help as hindrance at this point. The middle (3) wanted to help so I gave him a used microfiber to "polish" the wheels, kept him busy & out of the way until he found something else to do. The youngest (1) was the most amusing/dangerous. She spotted the car keys (both Mustang and Fusion) and naturally grabbed them. Then made a beeline for the Mustang--with the Mustang key. Thus proving a) she knows what the keys are for, b) which one goes to which car, and c) she wanted to drive the Mustang.

Sunday, hardparked at the car show. Surprisingly, took home a little hardware from that. Unfortunately I was so sure I wouldn't that I didn't bother walking over to the stage for the announcements & missed an opportunity at a Whiteline Watts link (sucker sold for $400...D'oh!).

50tbrd88

forum member
Reaction score
Took it out for a drive. With the cool temps this evening the little 3v was running good. Decided to head out of town and romp on it a little.

Of course after flat matting it through 1st and 2nd gears I see headlights in the distance which ended up of course being a cop (didn't pull me over thank god).

I then decide to take it on a country road where there will be less traffic. Was not planning on going fast, just running thru the gears a few times and maybe do some burnouts . Of course three deer run out and I nearly hit two. I literally had two go left of me and the other missed my passenger side by a few inches.

It was then I realized I just needed to park it back in the garage...just can't have any fun it seems!! When I was younger I went out and would run 120 mph on the street and race people constantly. Now that I'm older I never get on it EVER and when I do it's nothing but buzz kills!! Lol

Last edited:

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
My dad came down to visit from PA so I took him for a ride around the block since he hasn't ridden in it since I put the KB on it. He had a smile on his face when he got out.

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
My dad came down to visit from PA so I took him for a ride around the block since he hasn't ridden in it since I put the KB on it. He had a smile on his face when he got out.

That's when it feels like all your hard work was worth it!

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
returned it to stock...

just the tune so I can load new one lol. Got the 4r70w installed now just some tuning and put on my "oh face"

Last edited:

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My wife put it there. She puts lots of stuff in the garage. It's how she cleans house, lol.

Bruce, I thought I was the only one that had that situation. The wife, two daughters and a son-in-law all think anything they don't want from the house or their cars goes in MY garage, consequently there is never enough space for building Mustangs!

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
Out with the old...

20130924_130607_zps4e18ab2a.jpg

In with the new...

20130924_130750_zpsdeef121a.jpg

Simplest mod I've done yet. Didn't much care that I had to chop the old connector off (you can see the nub in the first pic) but if I ever decide to put the old one back on I can alway solder it back together. And thanks to the info on this site (I think it originated somewhere else but who's tracking...?) my cruise control works and I'll soon wire in my head unit as well (I think I need a WPT440 connector).

Goinpro

forum member
Reaction score
Out with the old...

20130924_130607_zps4e18ab2a.jpg

In with the new...

20130924_130750_zpsdeef121a.jpg

Simplest mod I've done yet. Didn't much care that I had to chop the old connector off (you can see the nub in the first pic) but if I ever decide to put the old one back on I can alway solder it back together. And thanks to the info on this site (I think it originated somewhere else but who's tracking...?) my cruise control works and I'll soon wire in my head unit as well (I think I need a WPT440 connector).

If you get this figured out, I'd love to see an install thread. I'm electrically illiterate. :helpme:

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score

I did mine awhile back and it's one of my favorite appearance mods. You interact with the steering wheel every time you drive your car. I wish I had done it sooner.

Bad06stang

forum member
Reaction score
Well I started this morning changing the oil, I used mobil 1 fully synthetic this time. Then I painted the brake calipers all around the car. Painted them black, put on the brembo stickers and cleared over them. Then I got some goodies in the mail..

20130924_150937_zps0a4c9e91.jpg

20130924_152707_zps521d2393.jpg

20130924_162601_zps5a828b75.jpg

bigstick

forum member
Reaction score
Installed CHE k-member brace and torque limiters, along with v10 water pump pulley and new supercharger belt, and mounted the racestars.

Hoping that I'll be in the high 10's at Milan Dragway tomorrow night.

Attachments

• IMG_20130903_184620756_zpsa11952fa.jpg
    IMG_20130903_184620756_zpsa11952fa.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 14

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Finally got the 4r70w in and running! Desperately need to go back to the 3.73's and toss the 4.10's. Now if I can get my HU back I will be in bliss..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back