What have you done to your mustang today?

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
You made the right call then. Sad you had to let it go but your fam. comes first. I would do one thing though just in case things don't work out. Make sure the Edge is in YOUR name. I can't count how many guys I have known who have put a vehicle in a GF's name and ended up losing the car when things went sideways and were stuck with a payment and no car. Ouch.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Charged the ac

tu9e6u5y.jpg

Sent from my SCT X4 using Tunatwat

sethah

forum member
Reaction score
Sold my mustang today. Never thought I would but the offer was made and I just couldn't say no.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Installed new uca bracket and arm.

I swear simpler the mods and harder they are to install. I prefer to reinstall to my supercharger all over again than doing this job again.

Had to lower the gas tank which then was a bitch to get those straps high enough so on can retread the bolts. Then the f***ing rear housing wasn't lining up to the uca hole. A simple one hour job took me 4!!!!!!!!

I'm never doing anything that requires me to crawl underneath the car again.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

McLovin

forum member
Reaction score
I didn't do this all in one day, but figured I'd give an accumulative update.

Installed a 2014 GT500 Cluster and got Track Apps to work.

Just as proof:

I also plastidipped my wheels and installed my adjustable BMR LCAs and Panhard Bar.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
What was involved in getting the track apps to work? Was it plug and play? I see you bought a control with the cluster...

McLovin

forum member
Reaction score
You have to get a 2013/2014 ABS Module as well. Switching out the ABS Module was cake. It's not a true plug and play for the cluster though. You have to run a couple of new wires, re-pin one of the harnesses (only moving 1 wire from one in location to another), and install the directional switch.

The tricky part is the PCM. I had to buy a VCM tool (which I bought off of an importer webste for $150) and reprogram a few things in the PCM. You essentially have to trick the car into believing it is a 13/14. I also had Jon Lund write a tune that keeps the PCM thinking it's a 13/14, but is tuned for the 11/12 motor since there are some differences between them.

This is a VERY brief description of the process and can seem a bit overwhelming, but honestly once I got all the parts lined up that I need, it was a very straightforward process.

Basically, the only thing that does not work right now is launch control, but that is a work in progress.

McLovin

forum member
Reaction score
Lol I take no credit for making this work and I had to have some help over the phone.

When I get back to my desk, I will link the info for this project.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Finally got it back from the body shop! They did AMAZING work. The decklid is smooth as can be, no waves at all. They gave me a screaming deal and I'm just blown away by how good the car looks. Not too bad for 112K miles

Now, I'm off to go install my relocation brackets.

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
You have to get a 2013/2014 ABS Module as well. Switching out the ABS Module was cake. It's not a true plug and play for the cluster though. You have to run a couple of new wires, re-pin one of the harnesses (only moving 1 wire from one in location to another), and install the directional switch.

The tricky part is the PCM. I had to buy a VCM tool (which I bought off of an importer webste for $150) and reprogram a few things in the PCM. You essentially have to trick the car into believing it is a 13/14. I also had Jon Lund write a tune that keeps the PCM thinking it's a 13/14, but is tuned for the 11/12 motor since there are some differences between them.

This is a VERY brief description of the process and can seem a bit overwhelming, but honestly once I got all the parts lined up that I need, it was a very straightforward process.

Basically, the only thing that does not work right now is launch control, but that is a work in progress.

If you got a VCM for $150 it's almost certainly a counterfeit

McLovin

forum member
Reaction score
Since it was shipped to me from Malaysia, I suspect it is lol. Worked like a charm though and I didn't have any issues.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Changed my front brake pads and rotors... I then realized I got a good 100k out of my brakes... Car has 160k on it and I still have yet to change the rear brakes... I then realized I need some end links and lower control arms. Bushings are craked all the way through...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back