What is the best way to dry?

2010SterlingGT

Lava Roush
Reaction score
Albuquerque, New Mexico, Bernalillo County, USA, N
I don't have a way to air dry my car. Usually I use 100% cotton towels from Target. They dont leave scratches or swirls but I have a feeling there may be a better way. A Chamois works well but is an absolute pain in the ass unless you have a giant one which costs a metric shit load of money.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a towel to get? Something from Autozone. They have those huge hyper absorbant "super towels". Do those work well? I am going to do a major detail on my Roush tonight and want to wash it and dry it after I polish it but before I put CG Black Light on.

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
I use a super drying towel from Walmart for $10 bucks and I love it.
Here is a link but since I am at work I had to pick the cached link but the Brand is Microtex Platinum XL Drying Towel. If you dont like it you can always return it also
http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=wa...lang=en-US&w=h685VMdwK8pME9cRfsLFVHEyRWD7-7Yp

I don't have a way to air dry my car. Usually I use 100% cotton towels from Target. They dont leave scratches or swirls but I have a feeling there may be a better way. A Chamois works well but is an absolute pain in the ass unless you have a giant one which costs a metric shit load of money.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a towel to get? Something from Autozone. They have those huge hyper absorbant "super towels". Do those work well? I am going to do a major detail on my Roush tonight and want to wash it and dry it after I polish it but before I put CG Black Light on.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Many of the "Detailers" on the site use leaf blowers... I feel like a moron standing in my driveway leaf blowing my car so I just use my air compressor and dry it in the garage.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Microfiber waffle weave drying towels and the use of a waterless wash in a bottle typically cut 22:0.5 with distilled water to use as a lubricant.

This is typically done after using a 200+ mph electric blower to knock off the heavy stuff. Whether you feel you look weird or not, the more you touch the surface the more you increase the likelihood or swirls/marring.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I use a super drying towel from Walmart for $10 bucks and I love it.
Here is a link but since I am at work I had to pick the cached link but the Brand is Microtex Platinum XL Drying Towel. If you dont like it you can always return it also
http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=wa...lang=en-US&w=h685VMdwK8pME9cRfsLFVHEyRWD7-7Yp

FWIW, I came across the same towels at Wal Mart a few weeks back, and thought I'd give it a try. I'm pretty pleased with it. I do need to start using a lubricant, though, like seer suggested.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
a electric leaf blower is the best to use,that way your not touching the surface of the car. a gas power leaf blower might leave contaminants on the vehicle.

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have link to these products? Always interested in new ideas especially the waterless wash lube

Microfiber waffle weave drying towels and the use of a waterless wash in a bottle typically cut 22:0.5 with distilled water to use as a lubricant.

This is typically done after using a 200+ mph electric blower to knock off the heavy stuff. Whether you feel you look weird or not, the more you touch the surface the more you increase the likelihood or swirls/marring.

Anyya8

Reaction score
I use the absorber never left marks on any of my cars... I only use it on one car not multiple an I don't use it on the bottom of the car like the rocker panels I use another Absorber for that... I don't have access to a leave blower or something of that sort

TxGt1

forum member
Reaction score

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
I sheet rinse it with the hose first which cuts the hell out of drying time then use a leaf blower and follow up with a water sprite. After that I always use a detail spray.

JCCNY

forum member
Reaction score
What's "water sprite?" I use a leaf blower and high quality micro fibers to try and keep the paint as scratch free as possible.

R1V3R5

5-Oh!
Reaction score
Many of the "Detailers" on the site use leaf blowers... I feel like a moron standing in my driveway leaf blowing my car so I just use my air compressor and dry it in the garage.

I use an electric leaf blower in my driveway. And I do look like an idiot doing it, lol. Worth it though.

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
A leaf blower was too awkward for me and I didn't want to smack paint with the nozzle. I got (and recommend) the made-in-the-USA Vac 'n Blow Automotive. Site is metrovacworld.com/Vac%20%27N%E2%80%99%20Blo%20Automotive. Warm air is generated and delivered at high velocity to achieve drying perfection, imho. After I rinse the car, I give it a quick blast then I spritz distilled water on (to prevent water spots) and then begin the final blowdry.

Chris

Coal is King

Reaction score
I always use the flooding method, eliminates a lot of water if done correctly, then leaf blower (yeah probably look like a dumbazz) and then hit with detailer (usually adams).

image.jpg

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I use the absorber never left marks on any of my cars... I only use it on one car not multiple an I don't use it on the bottom of the car like the rocker panels I use another Absorber for that... I don't have access to a leave blower or something of that sort

Yes they do

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back