What power levels are the ecoboost engines capable of?

Falkinman

forum member
Reaction score
Has ford given the horsepower rating for this engine yet? What is the power potential of these engines? I'm not interested in trading mine for one, I'm just curious.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
OMG, not to be a asshole but have you even bothered to look in the multiple 2015 Mustang threads?

Every question's answer can be found in one of the multiple threads about the 2015...

No BHP ratings released yet.

Falkinman

forum member
Reaction score
I started this thread in the new S550 section and there were no other threads about it in there.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Because

1. It's not tech.
2. Look at the chit chat section for the current threads. They have everything, like Ryan said.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Well, this isn't Tech, so it's in Chit-Chat which isn't a new section.

Seriously, there is already 4 or 5 different threads all discussing the exact same thing about the 2015 Mustang.

Viperrmk

forum member
Reaction score
800rwhp 5.0
1370whp 2.3 ecoboost
1800whp 3.7 v6

That looks about right. I also heard that the ecoboost will run on race gas only. =/

And the GT500 will come with 500 actual horses to pull the car around.

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
I believe I saw a piston this forum saying something about the Eco Boost lines being hard to modify because of the direct injection. Either Fuel pumps or Injectors are the limit, I do not recall who or where I saw it posted.

Falkinman

forum member
Reaction score
Once you guys are done joking around maybe we can talk about my original question (the title of the thread). Has this engine been put in anything else already? How much power can be coaxed out of it?

blacks197

Reaction score
I'm not sure anyone knows for sure. There's a few 450whp SHOs running bigger turbos but like cam said they run out of pump. There's currently no fuel options to support more power.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Once you guys are done joking around maybe we can talk about my original question (the title of the thread). Has this engine been put in anything else already? How much power can be coaxed out of it?

Go read the other threads.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score

OP the 2.3 Ecoboost is going into production with the new Lincoln MKC - 270HP / 300TQ. The Mustang will have more HP that than easily. I would expect 315-325HP at least.

These MUST be legit!!! :clap:

I know guy of a guy who is friends with a guy that works with this other guys wife who knows my uncles brothers, cousins boyfriend that said those are correct.

Last edited:

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I know guy of a guy who is friends with a guy that works with this other guys wife who knows my uncles brothers, cousins boyfriend that said those are correct.

19708d1365371785-hope-little-steel-case-ammo-doesn-t-hurt-bonjour.jpg

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
It will probably max out the stock turbo before it maxes out the DI pump. I'm guessing that the 2.3 will max out around 375-400 RWHP because of the turbo. That's based off the fact that the 2.0 is already hitting 350-360.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back