... what rear lca to go with

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
so i feel really retarded posting this as this feels almost as bad as what exhaust to go with. black friday is upon us and i'm wondering what toys to get for the stang. i need lca's so i want to knock that off the list. question is what

-i don't want spherical ends, i dont road track it's a street toy DD
-i want something that isn't going to squeak like hell
-i dont want the cheapest hunks of junk either

looking at either:
-boss 302r lca's can't suck considering they're oem ford and are tubular i'm assuming probably better then a majority of the non adjustable lca's, i don't like the fact that it doesn't have a grease fitting though.
-bbr billet lca's but only negative is no grease fittings.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
If I was in the market the UMI ones caught my eye.

When I got my Bullitt my first suspension setup was UMI lca's, panhard bar and relocation brackets. They were fine but the bushings didn't hold up very well. Replaced them with BMR and their bushings held up much better.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
When I got my Bullitt my first suspension setup was UMI lca's, panhard bar and relocation brackets. They were fine but the bushings didn't hold up very well. Replaced them with BMR and their bushings held up much better.

Agreed, my UMI bushings weren't that great. My UCA bushing was wiped out after 2 years, my LCAs didn't fare much better. The UMI stuff is alright, but the BMR just was so much beefier and better made I think. I chose UMI the first time around because they were cheaper than BMR. With the BMR arms being cheaper and sturdy as hell, there is no reason to not get BMR.

DRock

Reaction score
BMR especially with the discount going on right now

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
so i feel really retarded posting this as this feels almost as bad as what exhaust to go with. black friday is upon us and i'm wondering what toys to get for the stang. i need lca's so i want to knock that off the list. question is what

-i don't want spherical ends, i dont road track it's a street toy DD
-i want something that isn't going to squeak like hell
-i dont want the cheapest hunks of junk either

looking at either:
-boss 302r lca's can't suck considering they're oem ford and are tubular i'm assuming probably better then a majority of the non adjustable lca's, i don't like the fact that it doesn't have a grease fitting though.
-bbr billet lca's but only negative is no grease fittings.

This is the way to go:

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-chrome-moly-solid-lower-control-arms-urethane-bushing-05.html

We've run 9s in our shop cars on these arms, yet they are totally streetable. I daily drive on them. They are Made in America, they carry a Lifetime Guarantee, and they're 15% off right now using coupon code BLACK2014.

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
If it's just your daily driver, and ride comfort is a concern, I'd just stick with the stockers.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
go with the new bmrs with the softer bushings. awesome upgrade

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
If you want a poly set-up....and don't want squeaks, the best deal right now is our TCA032 LCA.

They have rigid, but compliable high durometer bushings with grease flutes...grease fittings on each end, and are built like tanks (as mentioned above)

Tomorrow, the price of $76 shipped ends on these bad boys. Simply use the code TG2014

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/index....icleid=1&maincatid=21&catid=70&productid=1280

Enjoy!

Back