what rear upper will take hard launches?

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
I have a BMR 2-hole upper mount and bought this Roush boxed rear upper with spherical bearings (R06030069). While I think the arm is very strong, does it have integrity for 800hp launches on slicks. What do you think?

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I think your first step should be to speak with Kelly (BMR_Tech) and get his opinion. He's a straight shooter and if he thinks there might be any issue with one of his parts, he'll either replace it or have you send that one back to be fixed.

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
The picture is of the Roush UCA correct? Skwerl's comment through me off.
Call Roush, email them, whatever. Show them that pic and hopefully they'll send you a piece that doesn't look like it was made on Friday by an angry welder.
Honestly, I would ask for my money back and get a BMR UCA... You won't have to worry about crap like that.

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
OK, sounds like this one has to go.
I think it is very heavy and otherwise suitable for under 800hp

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Again, Kelly is the suspension engineer/guru and can tell you if it's suitable or not. He will also be honest with you regardless if it's a BMR piece or not.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I have a BMR 2-hole upper mount and bought this Roush/BMR boxed rear upper with spherical bearings (R06030069). While I trust the part was correctly engineered and feels very strong, it does have an issue I feel compromises its integrity for 800hp launches on slicks. What do you think?

The first pic is to give you an idea of what part I am dealing with. The second pic points to the exact spot in question.

Where the sheet/plate of metal is bent to form each one of the ends on the rear axle bushing side, after the arched cut-out section, the ends are bent at 90 degrees and there appears to be a ground-off weld at the crease that "straightens" the tab that the rear axle upper bolt goes through. One side (in the first pic) seems fine/no slit/ground smooth, but the other has very obvious lack of weld penetration. I can see the slit used to allow the heavy sheet to bend over the side. The weld is ground smooth on the other side, but you can see the slit is at the worst possible location to tear-out.

Am I being too cautious? Is this a failure waiting to happen?

The UPR UCA is thicker, heavier duty. The U-shaped portion is 1/4" thick steel.

yhst-37354654005614_2270_313943926

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-chrome-moly-pro-series-double-adjustable-upper-05.html

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
OP, I will get with you on Monday to discuss.

Sharad, don't be silly. That rod end uca isn't even close to being heavier duty. I am shocked that you would say that, actually.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
OP, I will get with you on Monday to discuss.

Sharad, don't be silly. That rod end uca isn't even close to being heavier duty. I am shocked that you would say that, actually.

I'm amused to see you imply that it is not heavier duty. I assume it's because you think your new UCA (Which looks similar to Competition Engineering's UCA) is a better design.

MG3_7234.jpg

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sharad, I am not going to argue with you - but, just because something is "thick" does not mean it is beefier than another "thinner" piece. If you use a rod-end, you are limited to the strength of the rod-end....and, in most designs, the connection point to that super thick beefy bracket, is the weak point. I will leave names out, but I have seen 2 companies who have changed their design due to the connection point with a rod-end, on the bracket, being to weak.

This is why you see BMR uses housed spherical bearings. As for the Comp piece, and ours looking like it....LOL! You got us! We copy other's. (Nice ARB you guys have, btw)

You should wait for the release photos, before making such an assumption. You will be amazed at the difference, actually.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I use this guy with my BMR UCA mount.
jm-23985b_1631.jpg

spacer.gif

It's nice and heavy duty, love the bushing setup too...
hard in the middle, soft on the edges.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back