What should the new ride be?

What do you think I should choose?

• 2008/2009 GT500

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • 2013/2014 GT Premium (Track Pack, Recaros)

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • 2013 Boss 302

Votes: 87 59.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 6.8%

• Total voters

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I keep flip flopping around what the next Mustang will be for me so let me hear your opinions. Not planning to do a new one until April/May so I do have tons of time to think about it... there are just so many options.

I do not want to hear "your money your decision" as that is blatantly obvious, just want to see what everyone thinks.

Here is a little about how I will drive the car/care for it
-Garaged
-A couple track days a year
-Cruiser (not planning on being a DD)
-if not a GT500, will add F/I to it
-Personal Touches
-Will keep it for a while

So far my options are going to include:

2008/2009 GT500 - Either Coupe or Convertible (don't rag on me for the vert, haha)
Driven plenty of the GT500's and I just enjoy these years for their looks. A lot of power for not too much money. I would probably add a larger blower later, but nothing too crazy... I want to maintain cruising drivability. Also, I am not a fan of stripes, or bloating about having a "Cobra" or "Shelby"... I merely just care for the power and looks of this car.

2013 (or 14') GT Premium (Ingot Silver/Track Pack/Recaros)
Better interior than 2005-2009 by light years. Comfortable, and easy power... especially if I add F/I (possibly a TT kit). I would probably add Navigation too as I like that UI. The Recaro option alone is a big difference for me compared to the 2008/2009 GT500 plus the power/weight. I would like to get a good amount of power from it but not going to go over the top. I am afraid of the MT82. Also I can customize it however I would like.

2013 Boss 302 (in SY)

Barebones with Recaro's (but I like leather more). What I am attracted to it is the engine and the racing lineage it stands for, however I am attracted to the amenities in a regular GT more and I would feel I am under utilizing the car if I rarely track it. I would have a hard time of adding things to it since I can't really change the appearance.Despite all of this, I love the way this car runs and it just looks amazing in SY. However it would get a lot of attention as it is racecar.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
IMO you should get something that is less common than the typical Mustang. Even the GT500 versions are everywhere it seems. This is the biggest reason why the Bullitt holds so much appeal for me. If it was just another GT then I would have been tempted to move on to bigger and better things a long time ago. I also understand that your Bullitt has been through some issues and I can understand your desire to move on to a vehicle with less 'history'.

Of the ones you've listed, I think the Boss will be the least common and therefore the most desirable long after the next new model or two comes out.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
If I had to choose I'd go with the loaded up 13/14 GT and add a TVS blower.

nasty281

MODIFIED STANG
Reaction score
Boss 302 all the way. Major power if put a blower on it. Good resale value and it will again be a classic. The less likely of the 3 to actually see on the road

Turbostangs90

forum member
Reaction score
Id have to go with the Base GT. Save the money spent on a GT500 or Boss and put it towards a blower.

xAeons

forum member
Reaction score
I say the boss 302. I know you feel that it is barebones compared to a fully loaded GT but the 2013s have so much more than the 2012s. HIDs stock, track apps and they all come with Sync now. Which is a huge deal if you ask me. I had the same problem, I almost ordered a track pack 2013 GT but at the end of the day, its still a common Mustang. That's why I went with the RTR package. Super Rare. That is what is more appealing about the Boss.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
IMO you should get something that is less common than the typical Mustang. Even the GT500 versions are everywhere it seems. This is the biggest reason why the Bullitt holds so much appeal for me. If it was just another GT then I would have been tempted to move on to bigger and better things a long time ago. I also understand that your Bullitt has been through some issues and I can understand your desire to move on to a vehicle with less 'history'.

Of the ones you've listed, I think the Boss will be the least common and therefore the most desirable long after the next new model or two comes out.

This. This is the appeal of my saleen compared to a stock gt. Also the reason I haven't traded up to a new one.

13 Boss and boost it!

This is my opinion as well.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
'13 GT500 or Boss.

But I would choose my Base over anything cause of the $$ I paid for one lol. But, "its just another" mustang. Which I dont care that it is

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
^^Good point as well, If you get a great deal, throw everything else out the window..lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back