What should the new ride be?

What do you think I should choose?

• 2008/2009 GT500

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • 2013/2014 GT Premium (Track Pack, Recaros)

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • 2013 Boss 302

Votes: 87 59.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 6.8%

• Total voters

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Haha, I appreciate all your input.

The Boss is overwhelming gaining a ton of support which I expected. Like I said the engine, appearance, and exclusivity is great. What is hard for me to wrap my head around is just the amenities factor which is why I put it against a GT premium. Leather Recaros, electronics package, and a possible glass roof is hard to pass up for a car that is racetrack bred and I won't use it for that... but it just still knocks at my door saying rev me to the moon! Also with the 13/14 GT I would be able to customize it to every point of my liking (possibly matting the paint, 10-12 front bumper swap, etc etc). Damn it why must it be so hard... Plus while I enjoy the Boss, I'm so used to the understatement with my Bullitt and I really enjoy that (hence if I got a GT500, I would not want stripes).

I looked into a RTR, but I really dislike the 13's front end (with the goofy front spoiler that looks like "Fisher-Price" made it) and many of the 11/12's I've seen on the market are pretty much base cars with the RTR upfitters package. I do agree though, the rarity of these cars is something to note.

As for a 11/12 GT500, it is a possibility... Just depends what is out there for the money. 2013 GT500 is a slim to none chance, I need to save money to buy a place in the next couple years.

Last edited:

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
For me the most important thing is to take the car you do purchase and make it your own. Whether it be a Boss, GT500 or a GT. Stock is boring to me. All are great cars and in the end you cant go wrong.

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
Does it have to be a Mustang....?

0611kc_30_z+shelby_cobra_replicar+front.jpg

IMO, if its not your daily driver why not go outside the box?

But if it has to be a mustang, I'd say BOSS

matt06

forum member
Reaction score
id say '13 boss or '11/12 gt500, theyre going to be about the same price from what ive seen lately and are both obviously decent cars.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Does it have to be a Mustang....?

0611kc_30_z+shelby_cobra_replicar+front.jpg

IMO, if its not your daily driver why not go outside the box?

But if it has to be a mustang, I'd say BOSS

Haha, I'd love a AC Cobra replica, but having a Mustang take precedent over it. Hopefully in the future I'll have one in my stable.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
1. 08 - 09 Shelby

2. 2013 Boss

wazslow

forum member
Reaction score
Boss with a blower is a bad car! Thats the route Im considering. I wouldn't even consider a GT500 unless I could get an 11 or 12 at a minimum with the aluminum block. The earlier cars don't appeal to me at all.

Wlkn Tal

forum member
Reaction score
I voted for the boss, slapping a blower on it is intriguing, but I would keep it stock, it's already a well balanced car. Another option if it was me would be a GT500KR, you really don't see many of these, and you could install some tasteful mods. GL

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Came upon this madness today:

I'd just have to put F/I on it, but what is the reasonable HP limit on the Boss 302 engine?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Came upon this madness today:

I'd just have to put F/I on it, but what is the reasonable HP limit on the Boss 302 engine?

People have made 7-800HP on the Boss blocks and I don't recall reading about one blowing up. I do recall an article about a KB boosted Boss, I believe it was one of the first ones that had F/I and he was making somewhere in the 800+ range.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Hopefully I can make the 550 mile round trip to have mine dynod soon.
I have a Paxton 2200 SL, ID 1000s and a BAP on mine with a 3.4" pulley.

Wish I Had a Nice Car

forum member
Reaction score
You gotta look into how much your going to have to spend to boost the boss/gt vs just buying the gt500.

For that reason alone, i'd take the gt500 with bolt ons and not look back.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back