What should the new ride be?

What do you think I should choose?

• 2008/2009 GT500

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • 2013/2014 GT Premium (Track Pack, Recaros)

Votes: 21 14.3%
  • 2013 Boss 302

Votes: 87 59.2%
  • Other

Votes: 10 6.8%

• Total voters

08GTCA

forum member
Reaction score
07 - 09 GT500 is my suggestion. They are coming down in price and they have a bullet proof bottom end for upgrades.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would go for the Boss and keep it N/A. I think it is one of the best all around driving mustangs that Ford has made in a long time. Well ballanced and lets face it, unless you are a hard core drag racer 99% of the car's life will be on the street where this car excels.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I would go for the Boss and keep it N/A. I think it is one of the best all around driving mustangs that Ford has made in a long time. Well ballanced and lets face it, unless you are a hard core drag racer 99% of the car's life will be on the street where this car excels.

It'd be hard for me to keep the Boss N/A since I really want a F/I'd car. I'm pretty much 50/50 a Boss and GT500. I choose a 08/09 over a 10-12 since I just love the looks, especially the rear end. Also, I get a much more entertaining experience with the 07-09 GT500 compared to all the 10-12's and even the 2013 I've recently had the pleasure of driving... as much as it sounds strange, I like a car that is completely bonkers.

+ = positive
- = negative

I won't rule out a 11-12 GT500 for the following reasons:
-Interior puts the 05-09 to shame (+)
-Recaros (+)
-Nav and Sync (+)
-I'd also look hard enough for one with a Glass Roof (+)
-I'd stick painted rockers and the 13 rear end on it with the tail lights (+)
-Making it look as good as a 2013 without it being a 2013 (+/-)
-Boss 302 Price Range (+)

08/09 GT500

-Most likely going to pull the engine and put a aluminum block in one day (+)
-It will always try to kill me (+)
-Interior just annoys me (-)
-Less tech savy (+/-)
-Body lines still look great (+)
-Honestly the last true all brute "muscle car" of the Mustang generation (IMO all the new ones are incredibly refined which is amazing but it makes me miss a pony car experience) (+)

2013 Boss 302

-fuckin' race car (+/-)
-Insane stock internals (+)
-Minimalistic interior (while I love it, I hate it too) (+ for recaros and basic stuff, - for cloth interior, no nav, no other options... since it is a street legal racecar)
-Still afraid of a MT-82 (-)
-Thinking about how I could personalize it is a challenge (-)
-I do agree, one of the best Mustangs' Ford has revived (+)

Just got to keep on thinking. :beerdrink:

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Cam, your lack of decisiveness makes me think your estrogen levels might be too high. :beerdrink:

Oh yeah?

That's why I need a faster car that makes louder sounds so I parallel that with how large my genitals are and that I am not in fact inhibiting female characteristics.

You figured me out Brian.... you figured me out...

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It'd be hard for me to keep the Boss N/A since I really want a F/I'd car. I'm pretty much 50/50 a Boss and GT500. I choose a 08/09 over a 10-12 since I just love the looks, especially the rear end. Also, I get a much more entertaining experience with the 07-09 GT500 compared to all the 10-12's and even the 2013 I've recently had the pleasure of driving... as much as it sounds strange, I like a car that is completely bonkers.

+ = positive
- = negative

I won't rule out a 11-12 GT500 for the following reasons:
-Interior puts the 05-09 to shame (+)
-Recaros (+)
-Nav and Sync (+)
-I'd also look hard enough for one with a Glass Roof (+)
-I'd stick painted rockers and the 13 rear end on it with the tail lights (+)
-Making it look as good as a 2013 without it being a 2013 (+/-)
-Boss 302 Price Range (+)

08/09 GT500

-Most likely going to pull the engine and put a aluminum block in one day (+)
-It will always try to kill me (+)
-Interior just annoys me (-)
-Less tech savy (+/-)
-Body lines still look great (+)
-Honestly the last true all brute "muscle car" of the Mustang generation (IMO all the new ones are incredibly refined which is amazing but it makes me miss a pony car experience) (+)

2013 Boss 302

-fuckin' race car (+/-)
-Insane stock internals (+)
-Minimalistic interior (while I love it, I hate it too) (+ for recaros and basic stuff, - for cloth interior, no nav, no other options... since it is a street legal racecar)
-Still afraid of a MT-82 (-)
-Thinking about how I could personalize it is a challenge (-)
-I do agree, one of the best Mustangs' Ford has revived (+)

Just got to keep on thinking. :beerdrink:

Can't you get options with the Boss 302? Or do my favorite, pull the crappy stock stereo and put a Kenwood Nav unit in? it cost me half of what Ford wanted for the nav unit for my F350 to go with the kenwood and I didn't even bother to install it myself. So far as modding it, I don't think there is too much I would really do to a Boss, after putting a good nav head unit in it.

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Great deal on a 2011 in the classifieds.imo.

I like red, but not for myself.

Can't you get options with the Boss 302? Or do my favorite, pull the crappy stock stereo and put a Kenwood Nav unit in? it cost me half of what Ford wanted for the nav unit for my F350 to go with the kenwood and I didn't even bother to install it myself. So far as modding it, I don't think there is too much I would really do to a Boss, after putting a good nav head unit in it.

Only factory options for it are the Recaro Seats / Torsen Diff and then floor mats or then the LS package (includes Recaros/Torsen)

As far as aftermarket. Nothing drives me more nuts than aftermarket stuff. It is a huge OCD thing with me. I like when things look like they came that way, I have not seen one dash kit for the 10+ that looks normal, lol.

Just buy one already man!!

Big decisions take time. You should know this. :thumb:

Last edited:

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Why don't you just boost your car.. It'd be a lot cheaper, just as fast if you do it right, and you'd have enough money left over to buy something else.. then again, I'm poor so thats my option. I suppose if I had the money I'd go GT500 though.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Only factory options for it are the Recaro Seats / Torsen Diff and then floor mats or then the LS package (includes Recaros/Torsen)

As far as aftermarket. Nothing drives me more nuts than aftermarket stuff. It is a huge OCD thing with me. I like when things look like they came that way, I have not seen one dash kit for the 10+ that looks normal, lol.

The dash kit in my truck looks stock, most people don't know it didn't come with the truck. I am not so sure of the 2010+ mustangs though.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Why don't you just boost your car.. It'd be a lot cheaper, just as fast if you do it right, and you'd have enough money left over to buy something else.. then again, I'm poor so thats my option. I suppose if I had the money I'd go GT500 though.
true dat.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
What scares you about the MT82?

Just all the horror stories and I've seen my share of them in our shop getting replaced for all sorts of things. I just think they are lackluster in quality compared to my TR3650 or the TR6060.

I vote Boss with and put an F1 on it. Vroom vroom and no boom.

Definitely an option. :evillaugh:

I suppose it's a large assortment of things:
-It's time for something new
-Tired of black
-The fear of putting a bunch of money into it and then not be 100% satisfied
-5.4 and 5.0 engines are just marvelous compared to my 3V

The dash kit in my truck looks stock, most people don't know it didn't come with the truck. I am not so sure of the 2010+ mustangs though.

Yeah, it's just that the Mustang 2010+ kits re-arrange everything so that the screen is next to the shifter since that is where the DIN space is.

Last edited:

bullitt6019

Boss Jockey
Reaction score
I shopped for months, facing essentially the same question: having already owned a 2008 GT 500, it was either the Boss or a new GT/Track Pack car.
I went back and forth for weeks and ended up ordering a '13 GT Track pack car just the way I wanted it and saved the $10,000 for other stuff.
I loved the Boss, but realized that I like to tinker around with my cars and like to add on stuff to personalize them. My (perhaps flawed) reasoning was that with a Boss, it was destined to stay stock, to maximize future re-sale value.
All that being said, buy what you are passionate about. Cannot go wrong either way.

nasty281

MODIFIED STANG
Reaction score
Dude no way the mt 82 can be any worse than a 3650. 3650's suck a fat one!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back