What size rear sway bar end link do I need? 07 GT

Bryce A

Reaction score
Alright guys, I got a 2007 GT, coupe. I bought Moog sway bar end links, 22mm sway bar diameter per LMR's sway bar size guide. I went to put them on, and upon installing, it was a loose fit. I measured the sway bar and its 20mm... Do I need the 18mm end links then? Im confused because I ordered from RockAuto and all they offer is 18mm or 22mm. And everywhere I look, I cant find 20mm end links. Should i even bother replacing these end links or just get a beefier sway bar?

Thanks for the help

_E85

Reaction score
Try it with no rear sway bar; I get much better traction.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Try it with no rear sway bar; I get much better traction.

How is that? Please explain how you know this because it is counter intuitive to how your suspension works. Are you talking about cornering traction or off the line traction?

07 Boss

Reaction score
Alright guys, I got a 2007 GT, coupe. I bought Moog sway bar end links, 22mm sway bar diameter per LMR's sway bar size guide. I went to put them on, and upon installing, it was a loose fit. I measured the sway bar and its 20mm... Do I need the 18mm end links then? Im confused because I ordered from RockAuto and all they offer is 18mm or 22mm. And everywhere I look, I cant find 20mm end links. Should i even bother replacing these end links or just get a beefier sway bar?

Thanks for the help

What made you decide on that particular sway bar? For cornering you have to find a balance between the front and rear to provide the desired handling set up for your driving style. For off the line traction you pretty much want to get the stiffest bar out there.

Gladams

Reaction score
I'm not going to rebuild the ones I got because they're old and rusty and I doubt I can even get the bushing out without destroying the link. I bought some 18mm ones to see if they'll fit or not. If they don't, I'm gonna have to call Ford Parts
Check with steeda, I got some end links from them for my 24mm bar. You can always take out the bushings and replace them with the ones you need (steeda ones) with the ones from energy suspension.

Gladams

Reaction score
555-1060. Steeda end link. You can get these without the bar bushing and put in the ones from energy suspension. Just a thought.

Bryce A

Reaction score
Good, then all you need are the new red bushings that are the same shape as the ones you currently have.
Ya, I won't be spending nearly $200 for some links, just to replace the bushing and then the other problem is needing the outer bushing as well. Looks like I'll just have to get a new sway bar kit.

Gladams

Reaction score
The upper portion (body mount) should fit, you will need the sway bar mount bushings only. The top should be black and the lower (bar mount) should be red.

Bryce A

Reaction score
What made you decide on that particular sway bar? For cornering you have to find a balance between the front and rear to provide the desired handling set up for your driving style. For off the line traction you pretty much want to get the stiffest bar out there.
I got a Nolathane sway bar. Seems to be high quality components but I'm wondering if I installed it upside down. The directions don't call for one way or a other so I'm a little confused. Here's some pictures I took.20220617_122037.jpg 20220617_121745.jpg 20220617_121737.jpg

Gladams

Reaction score

Bryce A

Reaction score
I think it is up side down, compared to my stock bar. The end should point to the road.
I ended up calling Nolathane and they said it's on there correctly. Thank goodness, it takes more time jacking the car up than actually taking the bar off and putting it on

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back