What tire size, wheel offsets, etc., do I need for my '11 GT?

jsnyng

Reaction score
I've got the factory 19" with Pirelli P-Zero Neros 245/45/19. They don't hook at all down low. I can flat smoke them from an idle and get the car really sideways going into 2nd with my automatic and 3.73's. If I'm at WOT, traction control will sometimes kick in going into 3rd because it's spinning the wheels.

I've been to the drag strip once in this car (best ET was 12.825 @ 106.40, spinning 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, best trap was 112.97 running a 12.91; haven't been since getting the 3.73's) and swore I wouldn't go back until I've got some different tires on there. I've also autocrossed once in this car, and you would've thought I was at a drifting competition. The Pirellis did do a lot better at the autocross than the drag strip. I'd like to compete in 5-6 autocross events next year and make it to the drag strip at least 5-6 times as well.

I think I want to go down to 18" wheels/tires for a combination of weight savings, better ride, lower cost, and higher selection. I want some wider tires in the rear, but I do not want them sticking out of the fender wells. I want the outside of the rear tires to line up with the outside of the front tires and give the same overall look that I have now. I wouldn't mind if the tires all around were spaced a little further out since I'm running on Steeda Sport Springs and the wheels/tires do look a little tucked under right now, but I don't want to put wheel spacers on there to accomplish this. I'd rather just get the right tires and wheel offsets to begin with.

What size tires should I run up front? What wheel offsets?

What size tires should I run out back? What wheel offsets?

Here's the stance of the car now for reference:

IMG_0190 by jsnyng, on Flickr

IMG_0201 by jsnyng, on Flickr

IMG_0204 by jsnyng, on Flickr

IMG_0208 by jsnyng, on Flickr

peetiewonder

Terminator
Reaction score
if you run 18x10 run between 45 and 35 offset, with the 35 being flush and possibly rubbing with anything wider than a 275/285 in the rear.

On a 18x10 you could run 275/40 or 285/40 or even 295/40

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back