Wheel Style that I have never seen MC2

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So I bought my 05 in late 07 in Kentucky and the car came from Greenville North Carolina already completed with most of the cervinis kit on it (not over done) with a CDC Shaker. The Wheels that came on this car, I have never been able to find and or locate any markings. Until now, Found a light stamp back side of the rim while looking them over yesterday that said MC2 (2 stands for squared) custom alloy Inc, Did some digging only to find out that the company went BK and started back up as Forge-tec, INC. which is what my center cap says They use to sell to dealerships for what I could find. This car was featured in MM& FF in 2006 and the article say they are raceline GT's, they clearly are not. I had a oops with one about 6 months after getting the car and have been looking for it every sense. Got lucky and from that the company is still in business, even got a phone number only to find out the number has been disconnected. Back to square one. I wanted this rim with more offset to clear my big brakes as well as wider. What do you think and where to now?
Weekend with Seth 023.jpg Mustang 4.JPG

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here's more
4efad22c35c131c69e8274f1db31c35e.jpg
072b39675648330043e084609f3f0f21.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just looked those up, there not bad and from a far they do look close.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Gabe, While those two wheels are very similar, look at the differences in the milling between the two.

The location of the mounting holes/lug nut opening - at the base of the "V" on the MC2 wheel and in the web between the "V's" on the Raceline wheel.
The relief cut into the "V" on the MC2 wheel that leads into the lug nut opening.
The stepped lip on the MC2 wheel and the smooth lip on the Raceline wheel.
The are other more subtle differences as well.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
That maybe due to different wheel diameter and lug pattern on the same wheel.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Gabe, While those two wheels are very similar, look at the differences in the milling between the two.

The location of the mounting holes/lug nut opening - at the base of the "V" on the MC2 wheel and in the web between the "V's" on the Raceline wheel.
The relief cut into the "V" on the MC2 wheel that leads into the lug nut opening.
The stepped lip on the MC2 wheel and the smooth lip on the Raceline wheel.
The are other more subtle differences as well.

Damn, I thought I looked them over pretty closely, but yeah I see some differences.

Well, he could always buy a pair for one side of the car.
I mean, the design is so close that nobody would probably ever notice, haha

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
the etched name of the company on the wheel image he posted? :crazy:

:cheers:

Meh, there's like a trillion wheel-brand companies out there ... just look at the MMD/AMR/SR/SVE/whatever-else-chinese-crap-we-can-sell-this-week that LMR and AM sell ... you know all that crap is coming out of the same plant, lol

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for looking them over and the replies, I needed a good laugh after this shitty day (another employee down).
Well, he could always buy a pair for one side of the car.
That's funny shit!!
Meh, there's like a trillion wheel-brand companies out there ... just look at the MMD/AMR/SR/SVE/whatever-else-chinese-crap-we-can-sell-this-week that LMR and AM sell ... you know all that crap is coming out of the same plant, lol
You are right about that. I have wasted so much time looking throughout websites for the manufacture. I lost a whole Sunday and didn't even know it until I came up for air lol.

I do like the look of the Raceline GT, but man my rim cleaned up on the car looks really nice. Size and shape just prefect, the best part NO one else has them!!!! These rims are strong as hell to, I nailed the fuck out of the curb smoking tires making a narrow corner. LOL 22 with my mid life crisis car showing off. I stopped doing that after that night. It put a nasty din/bulge in it but didn't bend it. had planned on have it repair and re-chromed but haven't. saw the post about widening rims but just not sure about that. The numbers on them when search for bring up nothing. Searching for the company name brought up a couple forums from like 07. I have only found one image of my rim. My curiosity wants to know what the name of them were. Everything I found out about this company had something to do with the new GTO's. Man I am like a dog with a bone when I get at it and I want to know more lol. I know the original owner but he was sure what they were. At one time he was going to get me the shops name that sold him everything (body kit, wheels/tires).

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
They're definitely Forge-Tec and they're definitely out of business.

Schott has a similar wheel, their Venom:

schott_venom_20x85-1508-381-00-gradient-500.png

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They're definitely Forge-Tec and they're definitely out of business.

Schott has a similar wheel, their Venom:

schott_venom_20x85-1508-381-00-gradient-500.png
Well that's sweet man. How the hell did you find that? Never heard of them.

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm a wheel whore.
LMAO! price is not to crazy 1200 for polished 20×10 the back set or off set is the tricky part with that style. Chrome would be better as I have had polished before on a few trucks.

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
Holy fucking shit. I have a set of these too! I was under the impression that mine were a one-off set! Unfortunately one is broken right now due to an accident. Not sure if I can get it repaired...

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Holy fucking shit. I have a set of these too! I was under the impression that mine were a one-off set! Unfortunately one is broken right now due to an accident. Not sure if I can get it repaired...
Lol I have 3 in great shape. [emoji16]

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
LMAO! price is not to crazy 1200 for polished 20×10 the back set or off set is the tricky part with that style. Chrome would be better as I have had polished before on a few trucks.

That's $1200 EACH !

IMG_20180228_060407.jpg

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Uh that's weird. I used a different site to look those up and I selected 4. They can keep them for that price.

Yep you were right just looked them up on the site I used. Not what have last time I updated the cart.

Screenshot_20180228-064051.png

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back