Where did you put your line lock switch?

08GT/CS

Reaction score
I also used the SOS cup holder switch panel. It's the center button.
IMG_0879.jpg

klaw

forum member
Reaction score
did you drill your hurst shifter knob, i was thinking of doing the same thing.i did it like that on an older car i owned.

No - they sell them with a button installed ("Sidewinder" model). For the price I didn't think it worthwhile to mess around with drilling my own.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Mine is right on the console, along with the switch for the radiator fan.

DSC06990.JPG

dougie b

Reaction score
i mounted mine next to the interior light dimmer switch on the headlight panel, ill post a pic later, its really clean and no one has ever noticed it unless they're in the car to see me use it :evillaugh:

Skarkull

forum member
Reaction score
I have 3 switches. First one arms the line lock system (12v) and is located in the SOS cup holder panel. The second one is used for burnouts and is also located in my cup holder panel. Third one is mounted to the clutch pedal mount and holds the car in place at the line. Here is my routine:

On the way to the burnout box I turn on the 12v switch. I then get the tires wet, push the brake in, turn on the burnout switch and release brake. When I'm ready to end the burnout I release the burnout switch. When staging, as soon as the staged light is on, I gently push the brake and then push the clutch all the way in, this lightly sets the linelocks. I bring the revs up to about 5000 and release the clutch to launch, turning off the linelock. After I cross the finish line I turn off the master switch.

Can you draw up that wiring diagram?

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have mine wired into the cruse control as well, but I have a 3 way switch in the arm rest compartment that when up has lock out on, middle everything off (cruse and lockouts) and down is cruse control on.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My line lock switch and 2-step switch are both in the space over by the headlight switch. Not much going on with my left hand when doing burnouts, so that's a good place for it, for me.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
I use the lumbar release button on the power seat, with a LED indicator, too; a 3-way switch under the dash switches between power seat lumbar operation and line lock solenoid power.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I put mine on the upper left side of the SOS radio delete panel--(the one that is on, green in color)

Gaugesetup-1.jpg

spyder7724

Reaction score
I used the horn button. also used the wires out front for the horn to activate the solenoids so i didn't have to run any additional wires inside the car....just no horn now but who cares they were just dead weight anyway.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I still havn't installed mine -_- Mine will be hooked up to my Sos radio pannel

Kevinmach1

Major Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, I just ended up placing it next to the headlight switch. Seemed like a good place and an easy part to replace one day if I ever part with the car...

Thanks for all the great idea's!!!

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is a very informative Thread/Post as I do not have one yet. Tons of ideas.

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
The clutch switch was one of the best mods I did. I was having all kinds of problems with the car slowly rolling causing either a red light or a bad run because I would take my foot off the gas to hit the brake then try to get the revs back up before 3rd amber.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I used the horn button. also used the wires out front for the horn to activate the solenoids so i didn't have to run any additional wires inside the car....just no horn now but who cares they were just dead weight anyway.

I know this is an old thread and was wondering if anyone knows if I can do this with the foglight switch and wires? I did away with the foglights when I installed my billet grill. I think this would be a good way, pull the foglight switch out when I wanted to activate the solenoid

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread and was wondering if anyone knows if I can do this with the foglight switch and wires? I did away with the foglights when I installed my billet grill. I think this would be a good way, pull the foglight switch out when I wanted to activate the solenoid

Line-LockPics1-1.jpg

Line-LockPics.jpg

Line-LockPics4.jpg

Terry

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
personally, I prefer a momentary switch, so the lock disengages when you let go of it. But whatever works for ya!
I integrated mine (for now) into the driver seat lumbar switch, using a master SPDT 'mode' switch to go bwtween normal lumbar control and line lock activation. And the power feeds the solenoid directly from the lumbar switch.

This'll have to change when I put in racing seats, though.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back