Where exactly is the door sensor located?

07 Boss

Reaction score
I think I have had my door panel off once in the 15 or so years I've owned this car and for the life of me can not remember seeing where it was located or if I saw it at all.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
It's located inside the door lock mechanism. A few months ago I replaced the door lock sensor on the passenger side. It's an easy job thanks to Ford making the door panel easily removable. I also bought a sensor for the driver's door (the sensors are side specific) to keep as a spare.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Just wondering if there have been any issues with anyone using a non-Ford sensor? Found a dorman one for like $9. Just wondering if I need to spend $40 at the dealership. Want to get it today so I can set my alarm. Had to park it without last night.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Dorman parts are crap. A waste of money because you will have to replace them when they fail. Google the Motorcraft part number, you can often find them on amazon or Rock Auto a lot cheaper than your local dealer.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Just wondering if there have been any issues with anyone using a non-Ford sensor? Found a dorman one for like $9. Just wondering if I need to spend $40 at the dealership. Want to get it today so I can set my alarm. Had to park it without last night.

I ordered mine, plus a bunch of other parts, from Rockauto.com . Since I live in Europe, that's my go to place for OEM parts. Their customer service is great and parts are usually shipped to my door within five days. :D

JC SSP

Reaction score
RockAuto is excellent! Even if you don't purchase anything, the online catalog is a great source for part numbers. Their return policy is a little difficult and shipping from multiple warehouses can add up, but still a great place to buy quality parts.

Don't forget the discount code:
Code: 224314396195966183
Thank You for Being a RockAuto Customer for over 15 Years!

FYI On my 03' Taurus I was getting a "door agar"... I sprayed the locking mechanism where the sensor is located with WD-40 and it corrected the issue.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Dorman parts are crap. A waste of money because you will have to replace them when they fail. Google the Motorcraft part number, you can often find them on amazon or Rock Auto a lot cheaper than your local dealer.

Ended up ordering one from my local autozone, non-dorman, $42. The dealership wanted $84.

RockAuto is excellent! Even if you don't purchase anything, the online catalog is a great source for part numbers. Their return policy is a little difficult and shipping from multiple warehouses can add up, but still a great place to buy quality parts.

FYI On my 03' Taurus I was getting a "door agar"... I sprayed the locking mechanism where the sensor is located with WD-40 and it corrected the issue.

I haven't removed the panel yet to even check anything. Seemed like the logical malfunction. But I will see if I can lube up the mechanism and see if that solves the issue. Thanks.

JC SSP

Reaction score
Yeah I was ready to buy it from Ford and saw on one of the forums it was a common problem and easy solution. Not sure if its the same for the Mustang, but a good spray of WD-40 fixed my issue for the last 20 years.

Let me know if it works...

mattjames

Reaction score
I ordered mine, plus a bunch of other parts, from Rockauto.com . Since I live in Europe, that's my go to place for OEM parts. Their customer service is great and parts are usually shipped to my door within five days. :D
I never know you were across the pond heh

Back