Which CC plates are you guys using?

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
How did you get it to stick to the ceiling to snap the pic? lol

Make sure it clears the top of the strut mount

Haha yeah I must've had my iPad upside down or something. Yeah that is a little concern I have, but I can always grind it down a bit. I'll find out tomorrow when I attempt the swap.

Jefro

forum member
Reaction score
I'm also going to put a thin layer of bearing grease on the plates to help them slide easier once installed and prevent any rust as well.

Jefro

forum member
Reaction score
So I had a failure as well installing the ground control cc plates. Seems as though the mounting plates are made from soft steel and flexed/bent when tightening to torque spec which caused the bolts to pop.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
So I had a failure as well installing the ground control cc plates. Seems as though the mounting plates are made from soft steel and flexed/bent when tightening to torque spec which caused the bolts to pop.

Yeah I noticed mine were bent to hell when I replaced the brackets yesterday. The new ones are much more sound, but I'm nervous about the beefier bolt head hindering alignment adjustments. Guess I'll find out soon. I need to order brackets for the other side though.

LindsayEOD

forum member
Reaction score

This is really not making a good case for GC and only makes me second guess myself even more.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
Running Vorshlag plates here

DSC_0123_zps1d40225a.jpg

I've got a brand new set of MM pates I have yet to put in the classifieds section though

LindsayEOD

forum member
Reaction score
Have you been happy with those Vorshlag's Zquez? I'm leaning that way now.

zquez

Death Dealer
Reaction score
Well I haven't actually been able to drive on them yet because of a fuel pump issue, but Im happy with the construction and I'm sure I'll be more than happy with them once I get them on the racetrack in March.

Redfireshaker06

forum member
Reaction score
The MM guys, did you have any problems getting your drivers side in factory spec? My drivers side plate is maxed out and its only at -1.3? Any ideas?

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
so i had a failure as well installing the ground control cc plates. Seems as though the mounting plates are made from soft steel and flexed/bent when tightening to torque spec which caused the bolts to pop.

thats because you installed them wrong !

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
The MM guys, did you have any problems getting your drivers side in factory spec? My drivers side plate is maxed out and its only at -1.3? Any ideas?

I have MM plates and haven't really had issues getting it back to factory. I ran into an issue with a shop trying to get it to factory spec, but he was trying to adjust them with all bolts tightened, after loosening the bolts up, we were able to maneuver closer to factory, snugged the bolts up and then fine tuned to factory spec.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back