Which to buy?

silverbull1tt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide which to purchase out of the two options, what do you all think?

1) CHE Adjustable UCA, CHE LCA, CHE Axle Brace

2) Spydershaft

Thanks in advance.

mvon919

Everwaken
Reaction score
1. But don't get the adjustable UCA, get Anti-Squats with CHE LCAs

Larry_H

Custom Motors Built
Reaction score
Build from the bottom up. Do the suspension first, then the drive train, then the tranny/motor. Power doesn't do a bit of good if you can't get it to the ground.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Build from the bottom up. Do the suspension first, then the drive train, then the tranny/motor. Power doesn't do a bit of good if you can't get it to the ground.

+1
My Saleen race craft suspension made a huge difference that you notice when driving. I really notice the suspension mods and I have a few more I need to make.

2007 GT/CS

"Oderint Dum Metuant"
Reaction score
Depends on your personal preference. I have a friend who ran an 11.19 with a Saleen S/C, headers, upgraded fuel system, dyno tune, stock automatic, bottom end, and suspension on a set of 4.10 gears and DRs.

Do what you are going to be happiest with first.

silverbull1tt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm a little apprehensive about purchasing the spydershaft due to the vibration issues that have been encountered over 90 mph.

I'm not lowered and never intend to be so how would the anti-squats benefit my application? I have also looked into the panhard bar/brace but they seem to be for lowered applications as well. Opinions?

UrS4

forum member
Reaction score
Do tell about these vibrations issues above 90 mph!

I just ordered my spydershaft. I hope I don't have that problem :hammer:

You already have tons of power, so you will probably notice the suspension upgrades much more.

I say do Adj UCA, LCA, Adj panhard bar and brace.

silverbull1tt

forum member
Reaction score
Read the entry by Mr. Clean in regards to vibrations of the spydershaft. In regards to the Panhard Bar, isn't it's purpose to correct the suspension geometry in lowered vehicles?

Last edited:

matt texass

Reaction score
nope panhard bar doesnt correct suspension geometry of lowered vehicles. adjustable upper control arm would correct that

travelers

Reaction score
Read the entry by Mr. Clean in regards to vibrations of the spydershaft. In regards to the Panhard Bar, isn't it's purpose to correct the suspension geometry in lowered vehicles?
The only thing the panhard bar does is center the rear in the wheel wells.

silverbull1tt

forum member
Reaction score
So I take it that when the vehicle is lowered it shifts the rear end out of alignment, thus the need for an adjustable panhard bar to center the rear end, correct? So the non-lowered vehicles that have this mod do so just to make sure their rear end is centered and some very small weight savings/strengthening? I see that only BMR makes a non-adjustable unit, would this be a viable option for non lowered vehicles? It seems to be $40 cheaper than the adjustable ones.

Last edited:

silverbull1tt

forum member
Reaction score
Just purchased the following items from PMP, hope I can install all this without much trouble, it's new territory for me.

* CHE Fixed Length LCA
* CHE Adjustable UCA
* CHE Adjustable Panhard Bar
* CHE Panhard Bar Brace
* CHE Axle Brace

UrS4

forum member
Reaction score
Those sound like awesome mods and you should feel a huge difference in how the car reacts and puts all your added power to the ground.

As far as the adj panhard bar, yes its greatest benefit is for correcting center after lowering but stock ride height cars are not perfect to begin with and adding wide rear tires can pose a problem without this mod.

TGJ

forum member
Reaction score
1 person had a vibration issue with the spydershaft and it is a big issue? How many of us have the spydershaft that does not have the vibration? I have the Spydershaft and do not have a vibration...

Silverbull1tt, you and I have pretty much the same parts except I have the CHE anti-squats and you have the axle-brace. I did the LCA's and the ASB's, a friend's shop did the UCA. I should have the panhard bar and brace soon.

I haven't been to the track to test out my suspension mods, that will be next year when the track reopens.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back