Whipple rebuild company

mikek2111987

Reaction score
I bought an 07 4.6 with a blown motor that had a Whipple on it. Metal shrapnel made it through the rotors of the blower. Sending it in to Whipple starts at I think $975 and I'm confident they will tell me the price of rebuild will end up being more efficient to buy a new blower. There has got to be some talented company somewhere in the nation that can tear it down for a more reasonable price and rebuild it, possibly TIG up the scars in the rotors and balance them.
Anyone? Haaalp

ChewyR

forum member
Reaction score
There probably are companies that will do a whipple. I trashed a TVS due to overheat/warped case, I found a couple companies that would do it, but like you said the cost was 80-90% of a new unit, so I went that route. At least for a little while I was able to clean up the case and the rotors with a cartridge roll and put it back together. It made 3 lbs less boost total and the boost curve was much slower, but it worked ok that way until I could afford a new unit.

ChewyR

forum member
Reaction score
Probably goes without saying, but make sure you clean out the manifold and intercooler really well, I was surprised how much metal debris there was in there.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I would order a new rotor pack and get a good old fashioned machine shop to do the bore and hone. Not sure what a compressor runs. This is unless the rotor to housing clearances are something unreasonably small - I believe it's fairly generous. You'd want someone to be able to check before/after clearances.

mikek2111987

Reaction score
I would order a new rotor pack and get a good old fashioned machine shop to do the bore and hone. Not sure what a compressor runs. This is unless the rotor to housing clearances are something unreasonably small - I believe it's fairly generous. You'd want someone to be able to check before/after clearances.
Any idea where to get a rotor pack?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
That's a great question - Contact Justin @ VMP Tuning, I bet he has a line on them.

EDIT: forgot it's a whipple. Contact whipple themselves, Dustin I guess. Ask him if they have managed to beat the power out of the new TVS2650! He'll be thrilled!

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
The rotor pack will be 70-85% of the cost of a new blower. The clearances between the rotor pack and outer casing is minute, like a few thou. Then you have to look at the gears, but I believe the gears are integral on the rotor pack, so should come included on any new rotor pack. Where did the metal shrapnel come from ? My guess is, by the time you throw in all the labor to remove the blower, tear it all apart, replace the rotor pack, maybe the coupler, add new gear oil, re-install, you will have spent as much or more as a new blower...and with no warranty.

You will have your hands full, as is, with shrapnel embedded in the inter cooler, and manifold..and blower casing.

mikek2111987

Reaction score
I think another company you can contact is Jon Bond Performance. Can you post pics of the rotors?
They we the one and only outside company Icould find, I had actually already emailed them and they just got back to me. Pretty excited about his response.

"Yes, we service all makes and models of Whipple superchargers. We carry alot of parts here, depending on the generation.
We offer free inspections and estimates. Rebuilds are $425 labor plus parts. We require all bearings and seals to be replaced. All other parts are based on condition. All old parts are returned. The average cost of a rebuild is around $775 for all labor and consumable parts. We do charge extra for damaged case or rotors.
Please see the attachment for more information. Should you have any questions, please call or email us.

Jon"

07 Boss

Reaction score
I wanna know too. How do you get metal in your blower? What could possibly break up and get in there? I’m kinda at a loss.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
recirc picks it up out of the lower intake, blam, thru the rotors. They are often trashed when the 3v blows.

tomkay

forum member
Reaction score
I used Jon about 4 years ago and mine is still going strong. He was also very responsive to any questions/concerns I had about the process.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back