WhiteLine Positive Shift Trans bushing insert

draxxus131

Reaction score
Thank you for the refund on shipping JDM, it's the little things that count.

Surfergeek

forum member
Reaction score
So I put mine in today ...

It really firmed up the shift with my MGW shifter and the shifting is awsome, however, it did invite some more NVH than was expected. I knew it would add some, but as the others said, it may be a track day only part. Gonna keep it in for a while and see if it mellows out a bit or if I get used to it.

In for updates if there is a solution to tame it a little bit.

The part does work awesome though and even with having an MGW already, really helped with the high RPM shifts.

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
I get mine Friday and will probably install it this weekend. That is if I get my car back from the dealer Friday...lol.

Vin302

forum member
Reaction score
ymunu4yb.jpg

Just got mine today :D gonna install it tomorrow when i service my diff.

Nick@JDM

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Has anyone else had the chance to test one of these yet? I should have a few more coming in tomorrow but they are already spoken for...I am curious to see some more results form you guys. There is no doubt that this part works as advertised, but there seems to be mixed reviews about added NVH. I like selling parts just as much as any other vendor, but at JDM we like make sure you know exactly what you are getting before we push products on you. I wont sell you something we wont use.

I tested one of these on my own car and it definitely works and helps shifting. It also made the car feel faster and more stable at speeds (might be a placebo effect from the NVH making me feel more connected to the chassis lol)

The added vibrations were a bit too much on my street car though so I took it upon myself to make a modification to the bushing that gets rid of the added NVH almost completely and still works just as effectively.

Before I spill the beans I would like to see if other have a similar experience as I did when testing. I am also in contact with Whiteline to help them possibly offer another solution or maybe a street version. Only some more feedback from you guys will determine the outcome of this.

Keep it comin!

KonaBlue11

forum member
Reaction score
Hope it's not a stupid question but is it primarily vibration? Or does it sound horrible? Is it just transmitting vibration thru to your hand on the shifter? I haven't received mine yet from JDM, but I don't want to have it installed then have to pay to have it removed, or modified.

Surfergeek

forum member
Reaction score
I still have mine in, but my experience is very much the same as yours.

Nick@JDM:

My car is a street/track car (6-10 open track days a year is my goal)

The added vibration / noise just puts it over the top (my car is already, not exactly what I would call quiet, but still pretty tolerable for the street)

I like what it does ... but it's just too much for a dual purpose vehicle. My plan is to take it out this weekend, after driving with it for a few days, it reminds me too much of a previous car that had urethane motor mounts etc ...

Looking forward to you spilling the beans .... I have an idea ... but want to see what you did.

Kona ...

If you have ramps / jackstands / jack ... the install is easy to do yourself in the driveway. Almost to the point that I would swap it in and out for the track. It really does make a difference with those high RPM shifts.

But if there were a way to make a street/track version that does even 70% of what this one does, I would do it.

Demoic

forum member
Reaction score
Nick@JDM Out of curiosity are you so hesiant to share the modification you made?

Nick@JDM

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Nick@JDM Out of curiosity are you so hesiant to share the modification you made?

I just don't want to be responsible for people hacking up their bushing before I am sure that my modification works for others as well.

I am also trying to be courteous to Whiteline as well since we are in communication about this. I will give you guys all the information soon though :naughty1:

Last edited:

Demoic

forum member
Reaction score
I just don't want to be responsible for people hacking up their bushing before I am sure that my modification works for other as well.

I am also trying to be courteous to Whiteline as well since we are in communication about this. I will give you guys all the information soon though :naughty1:

Sounds good! Good to hear you are working with Whiteline on this! Hope to hear about it soon.

Last edited:

Surfergeek

forum member
Reaction score
The part is inexpensive enough that I am going to try Nick's "hack" and give him some feedback.

I want to re-iterate for everyone else though, the part does what it is supposed to do. Improve shift feeling and make high RPM shifts, especially with lateral loads, easier. I love it. But I am picky about NVH for my dual purpose street track car and the added NVH while not over the top bad, was just too much for me.

So I'll give it a shot and am going to give my feedback. I am not expecting it to be 100% of what the original part does in terms of improved shift performance, but if it's helpful with truly minimal added NVH I'll count it as a success.

Whiteline makes great stuff. I am extremely satisfied with all their other components for the Mustang and this part is included in that.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back