Will Kooks LT work with a Mac Prochamber?

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
As the title states, has anyone run the prochamber with Kooks?

I greatly appreciate your insight and experiences.

Thanks

Jesse

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Get kooks legs, and put them on the PC. You will have to do a little cutting, but they will fit. Mac legs might fight, but Kooks or Pypes legs will for sure.

Last edited:

phattyfat

forum member
Reaction score
I wasn't able to locate just the legs from any of the companies so I had some locally made at an exhaust shop. If you can find some from a distributer I'd go with them b/c the fit and finish will be better.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
the MAC headers are mid length so you are going to have to do modding to get a MAC PC to fit a true longtube header. I LOVED the sound of the PC on my 3v though so I'd say it will be worth the effort.

Grubb

forum member
Reaction score
I have a used kooks catted h-pipe I would sell, you could use the legs off it, they are seperate pieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
I wasn't able to locate just the legs from any of the companies so I had some locally made at an exhaust shop. If you can find some from a distributer I'd go with them b/c the fit and finish will be better.

Pypes sells them. You have to pick up the phone and call them.

I thought the Kooks, Pypes, and Mac's are all mid length headers.

They are

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Settling the debate...at least the Kook's brand.
Just called them.
Call for yourself...ask for Tech Dept.

Per Kool-Aid, (yes, that's what he said his name is) a mid is the same as a shorty. A long tube drops down, dumps at bottom of firewall.

Gerald, not sure what these guys are running but you & I are running long tubes...according to Kool-Aid.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Guess it depends on your definition. Look at Kooks/Pypes/Mac side by side to Pacesetter/JBA/BBK and you'll see the they aren't a "full" long tube design. Thats probably why most guys refer to them as mid length when discussing them. Don't think it really matters since we are all talking about the same part here.

joe_momma

forum member
Reaction score
MAC sells the pipe extensions or whatever they are as well, but you have to call them. I think they're around $100. This may help you out, not sure.

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I want to make sure it's easy to swap out the prochamber for the catted Kooks pipe I have. Va has a yearly I section where we have to have our cats.

So in summary, it CAN work, just need get an extra set of extenders and find a good muffler shop, is that the consensus?

Thanks

Jesse

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Kooks are about the same exact size and design as Mac. The company might call them long tubes but they are mid length. A good example of long tubes would be JBA or American Racing. Shorty headers are the same size as the stock manifold and work with the stock h pipe.

I'm not too impressed with the Kooks tech department, lol.

Quoted for truth!

No they aren't. They are mid length, not a full length like pacesetter.

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
Settling the debate...at least the Kook's brand.
Just called them.
Call for yourself...ask for Tech Dept.

Per Kool-Aid, (yes, that's what he said his name is) a mid is the same as a shorty. A long tube drops down, dumps at bottom of firewall.

Gerald, not sure what these guys are running but you & I are running long tubes...according to Kool-Aid.

I'm not too impressed with the Kooks tech department, lol.

So Bruce I guess you are not drinking the Kool-Aid @ kooks
LOL

fnfast

forum member
Reaction score
I have Mac headers and had a Mac prochamber on. Then for emissions I have taken off the legs and used kooks catted legs. Now I have Mac longtubes with pypes o/r x with Mac legs on and will use the kooks catted legs when I have to have emissions. They have all fit perfectly on my setup. I won't be using my prochamber anymore and wil be selling it.

Back