WMS 2011 GT 5.0 totally stock runs and info inside!!!

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
very nice. . and that weight is intersting.. 3695 with driver, 19's and brembos? I thought the base no option car is 3603 starting out.

I can only tell you what the scales at MIR said that day. I would have to weigh it on a few different scales to see if there is a diff from one to another but for the most part I believe theirs is accurate.

Great job JJ

Thanks :thumb2: Just wanted to get a baseline before the first round of mods and FWIW I will be testing the MMR CAI this Friday and look forward to what you will have to offer soon so get moving on it already LOL. :thumb2:

Congrats JJ.

Thanks Jared and I also look forward to seeing what products you guys can come up with so I can test them as well. If there is anything I can do to help please just let me know. Any word on your 2011 GT?

JJ

5.0 Stallion

Reaction score
Was this run on drag radial or regular tires i just got back from the track last night i have a 2011 and i could not get the damn car to stick on the stock tires my best time was a 13.61 @106 with a 2.1437 60ft. i have 6 speed manual with 373 gears i am open to everybodys opinion on how to get this car to get were it needs to be thx.

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Was this run on drag radial or regular tires i just got back from the track last night i have a 2011 and i could not get the damn car to stick on the stock tires my best time was a 13.61 @106 with a 2.1437 60ft. i have 6 speed manual with 373 gears i am open to everybodys opinion on how to get this car to get were it needs to be thx.

On regular tires, you need to leave just off idle, any higher than 1200 and you're going to burn the tires off.

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Ran the car today at MIR in 90* weather with good traction. Totally stock save the Mickey Thompson DR's. The best time of the day was the last run due to the driver (me) getting used to what it takes to get this car to leave. [email protected] with a 1.844 60ft. :clap:

I'm certain with cooler weather and a bit more practice 12.5's are well within reach but for a baseline car that is totally stock I will take it for sure.

Also tossed her on the scales and with 145lb driver it weighed 3695#. Its a base GT with 19" wheels, 6spd stick with the Brembo package.

Car shifted great and I was able to powershift it in all 4 gears.

JJ

Congrats JJ, that's fast!!! We weighed in about 100lbs heavier with an Auto, went 13.02 @ 110MPH on stock tires, stock pressure, 150 miles on the car. I think that 12.80s would be reachable with a perfect launch and some pressure out of the tires once it's got some more mileage on it.

Were you flatshifting?

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats JJ, that's fast!!! We weighed in about 100lbs heavier with an Auto, went 13.02 @ 110MPH on stock tires, stock pressure, 150 miles on the car. I think that 12.80s would be reachable with a perfect launch and some pressure out of the tires once it's got some more mileage on it.

Were you flatshifting?

Thanks and yes I was flat shifting the car. Launching took a bit of getting used to but worked good at 4500rpms or so. I def need more seat time in this car. We are headed back to the track asap.

Congrats on your runs, the auto is very stout for sure. :beer:

JJ

BubbaRATM

bottle fed baby
Reaction score

Were you flatshifting?

i was curious what the auto's would do, thanks

great jo jj.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know this is going to be a silly question to you guys, but what is "flat shifting"?

Is it not lifting the gas pedal?
That is what I am guessing. Also known as "power-shifting".

JJ gave me the opportunity to drive the car this past weekend. OMG was it fun! Makes me wish my car still had the stock shifter in it and wasn't so noisy. It was some gitty up and go, but quiet and smoooooooth.

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
That is what I am guessing. Also known as "power-shifting".

JJ gave me the opportunity to drive the car this past weekend. OMG was it fun! Makes me wish my car still had the stock shifter in it and wasn't so noisy. It was some gitty up and go, but quiet and smoooooooth.

The main question: Did it feel a lot more powerful than your car? :naughty1:

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
More racing time next Saturday hopefully at the Mason Dixon track rental. I'm yanking the passenger seat. I want those damn 11s!

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
More racing time next Saturday hopefully at the Mason Dixon track rental. I'm yanking the passenger seat. I want those damn 11s!

You and me both lol. Ive got more suspension to do though until i hit 11s. Hopefully this fall ill see them.

Goodluck, should be fun!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back