wondering about '11 to '05 6-speed swaps

JesseW.

forum member
Reaction score
i know they arent out yet but this is something i would be interested in doing with my 05. do you guys think the shifter location/studs will be in the same locations? clutch and slave work? new driveshaft? and most importantly, will they be for sale on newtakeoff?!?!

Last edited:

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
i know they arent out yet but this is something i would be interested in doing with my 05. do you guys think the shifter location/studs will be in the same locations? clutch and slave work? new driveshaft? and most importantly, will they be for sale on newtakeout?!?!

interesting question but i would bet that it will not work out ford has a funny way of doing that

by the way it is newtakeoff it is not a Chinese food place that just opened

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
It's just a Tremeic TR6060. You can buy new rebuilds that are good for 800 ftq for $4000. Cheaper if you shop around. You need a GT500 shifter, clutch, pressure plate, cross member and maybe a DS depending on what you have right now.

I had one in my car for about 3 weeks. Best damn trans I had so far. If I wasn't drag racing, I would have kept it.

JesseW.

forum member
Reaction score
interesting question but i would bet that it will not work out ford has a funny way of doing that

by the way it is newtakeoff it is not a Chinese food place that just opened

haha, i'm tired, brain not working right

i didnt know if it was the 6060 or not, it has a MT82 designation

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
It's not a 6060. The manual trans in the 2011 has very different ratios. 1:1 is at 5th for example.

I think they should have used a 6060. Don't know why they did not.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I still say get a built TR6060. Way cheaper, proven, available...

Uless you plan on putting the new 5.0 in your ride, you would have to mess with splines, clutches, pressure plates, DS, God knows what else...

Has anyone seen the MT82 in person? Ford has been using them since 2004. The Bell Housing is molded into the gear case. Unless you plan on doing some hardcore re-engineering, it aint gonna happen.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back