WTB: 2005-09 Parking Brake Assembly

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Fell victim to the dreaded Parking Brake problem. Stupid Ford. Who's idea was it that an entire brake assembly would need to be replaced for a snapped $5 cable?

pba9_1.97.jpg

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
No my box was full, sorry. If you don't here from me next Sunday, remind me please. Have a busy week ahead.

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
Just a quick question - have you pulled it apart to verify that was the side that broke? I had something similar happen on my 06. It ended up being the long cable from the driver rear brake to the T at the end of the assembly in your OP. $30 fix and a few minutes it was good to go.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Just a quick question - have you pulled it apart to verify that was the side that broke? I had something similar happen on my 06. It ended up being the long cable from the driver rear brake to the T at the end of the assembly in your OP. $30 fix and a few minutes it was good to go.

I actually haven't yet. Guess I should probably do that. I just figured from a search and seeing that so many folks have had the problem and with 124,000 miles on the car I figured that was most likely where it's happening.

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
It feels really similar - so it could be either one. Worth a shot! it would save you some time and money for sure if you got "lucky"

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back