WTB: Diablosport MAFia

Mustang Mark

forum member
Reaction score
Just like the title says, looking for a MAFia in good condition so I can finally put the blower on.

my07silvergt

HOLD ON TO YOUR PANTIES
Reaction score
I've got one that might be for sale if somebody can prove I don't need it with my hpx-e maf sensor.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had a mafia, saving you some $, time and trouble. If you have one that works doesn't have intermittent problems that cant be fixed by a tuner or that doesn't fail out of the box you are one of the lucky ones. Ask your tuner what he would prefer maybe. ;)

SCT-BA5000 and PMAS-HPX are your best options. We put the HPX and HPX-E and an extension harness vice a mafia in our kits for a reason.

Live your life!

Last edited:

06redgt

forum member
Reaction score
I had a mafia, saving you some $, time and trouble. If you have one that works doesn't have intermittent problems that cant be fixed by a tuner or that doesn't fail out of the box you are one of the lucky ones. Ask your tuner what he would prefer maybe. ;)

SCT-BA5000 and PMAS-HPX are your best options. We put the HPX and HPX-E and an extension harness vice a mafia in our kits for a reason.

Live your life!

I was in the same boat as op...was wondering why they discontinued them. Now it makes sense. I ended up getting the SCT-BA5000. Putting it on this weekend with a Procharger.

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score

!

Aren't the BA5000 and HPX the same MAF? I recall PMAS just relabeled thier HPX as the BA5000 for SCT.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Aren't the BA5000 and HPX the same MAF? I recall PMAS just relabeled thier HPX as the BA5000 for SCT.

Yes, so originally in 04-05 there were no shell slot mafs available so they were all reworked oem hitachi mafs done by PMAS. So you got a reprogrammed oem maf with hpx or ba5000 etched in the side. Not sure what sct does these days, but in 2012 time frame PMAS started making their own calibrated slot mafs and they can be programmed to have the range you want, with HPX and HPX-E being the standard line ups. PMAS does do mafs for a few other companies still.

Last edited:

Mustang Mark

forum member
Reaction score
Sound legit, or bullshit?

"When I was talking to my lead calibrator about this I had mentioned the BA-5000 MAF and he said it wouldn't work properly. This is because of the size of the tubing it would be getting installed into with your Vortech it wouldn't be sitting properly in the tubing and it wouldn't be metering the air flow properly."

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
Sound legit, or bullshit?

"When I was talking to my lead calibrator about this I had mentioned the BA-5000 MAF and he said it wouldn't work properly. This is because of the size of the tubing it would be getting installed into with your Vortech it wouldn't be sitting properly in the tubing and it wouldn't be metering the air flow properly."

Well there's a new one! That's a bunch of BS for sure. However, he might be trying to say that you don't need a MAF with more range.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back