WTB MGW shifter for an MT-82

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I know it's a long shot, but I thought maybe someone out there may be parting out for trade in, or maybe upgrading to the MGW Race Spec.

Anyway, I WTB a regular ole' MGW shifter for an 11-14 MT-82 for a reasonable price.

Thanks!

Chip

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Chip,

Go with the Race Spec MGW shifter and the gripper ball, you will not be disappointed!
The only thing I didn't like was hiding that work of art where it can never been seen.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
I know it's a long shot, but I thought maybe someone out there may be parting out for trade in, or maybe upgrading to the MGW Race Spec.

Anyway, I WTB a regular ole' MGW shifter for an 11-14 MT-82 for a reasonable price.

Thanks!

Chip

I'll see if I can find mine in the boxes in the garage. There was another guy on here interested in it, but he wanted to see if there was a way to update it to the newer spec.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Chip,

Go with the Race Spec MGW shifter and the gripper ball, you will not be disappointed!
The only thing I didn't like was hiding that work of art where it can never been seen.

Lol! I know, right? It's soooooo sexy! I am just going to hope to find a "regular" MGW and see how I like it with my blowfish bracket. Save a couple of Benjamin's.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I'll see if I can find mine in the boxes in the garage. There was another guy on here interested in it, but he wanted to see if there was a way to update it to the newer spec.

Thanks AJ, just keep me posted. And I fully expect the LCA brother discount! Lol

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Lol! I know, right? It's soooooo sexy! I am just going to hope to find a "regular" MGW and see how I like it with my blowfish bracket. Save a couple of Benjamin's.

I had a Barton/FRPP for 2500 miles and added the Blowfish bracket for another 1000 or so miles. I didn't care for the vibration and associated noise that was introduced with the addition of the Blowfish bracket. The shifter vibrated heavily above 2800rpm and the reverse lockout spring rattled like crazy inside the shifter assembly.

Sold the Barton/FRPP/Blowfish and went with the MGW Race Spec. Worlds of difference between the two setups in feel and function, which is why I recommend the Race Spec MGW.

Check Washington DC Craigslist, there was a first generation MGW shifter that had been upgraded to second generation on there over the weekend. Don't know the guy so can't provide any feedback.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
ANYTHING besides the Race Spec is just

Sell your stuff Chip and go with the Race Spec. Seriously. Its that good

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Sorry for the delay. Busy weekend and whatnot, but I got it located.

ANYTHING besides the Race Spec is just

Sell your stuff Chip and go with the Race Spec. Seriously. Its that good

Lol

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back