richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score

This would be the one I'm missing..how it happend I will never know

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad it helped. That is a thick manual to lay on my printer to scan! :)

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
The big thick Red wire is constant Power. The wire that is missing is your ignition source. Disconnect the battery before you connect once you find it

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
The big thick Red wire is constant Power. The wire that is missing is your ignition source. Disconnect the battery before you connect once you find it

Thx yeah its already disconnected..no time today but I'll trace the wire when I get time. I'm just trying to figure out how I missed the wire.. when I did my tuck I only cut and extended/shortened one wire at a time so this crap wouldn't happen..my guess is the wire is hanging somewhere between the firewall and engine just chillin

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score

Alright found the wire!!!..had it connected to the body as a ground!..fml...I'm retarded.. so I connected to to the starter but still same issue..I followed it all the way back to box to make sure no contact to metal or damage..ect. took a look to make sure it wasn't damaged inside as well...

So..Battery is down to 11.86 volts..should still be enough to engage starter correct..I swapped relays as well in case that was an issue. Next step is going to get a second opinion on starter. I'll have it tested again. Any other input? Thanks

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score

Ok so there is nothing wrong with starter...jumped it from pos.. (1) to the (2) point..car turned over..first time I've heard it turn over since November of last year..so that's good..now...on to the rest of starting system. By the way the voltage at the starter is same as at the battery.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Now that the hot wire is not grounded, did you check fuse F4 under the hood? Also check the relay right in front of that fuse.

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
IT's alive!!!!!!! Replaced F4 and had nothing..red wire to F4 was kinked and looked damaged..so cut out damaged area and sodered. Fired right up!!! Thanks to all who helped !!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back