You knew it was coming...Porsche Build Thread

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Haha yea, I had a Dr. Frankenstein moment when it kicked over after sitting with no battery in it, and not being turned over in 5 months. I seriously love this little car, didn't touch it mechanically in God knows how long, I put the battery in it, cranks right over and purrs like a kitten.

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
*cue the music*

Ding, dong, the dent is gone. Which old dent? My fender dent, ding dong the wicked dent is gone....

photobucket-3408-1331937240968.jpg

Another coat of filler sanded with 1000, threw some primer on it.

photobucket-2614-1331950714114.jpg

Its like brand new isn't it? No it isn't, but it looks pretty damn good.

Last edited:

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Its all finished, got it back on the road after a slight hiccup, ran out of gas in the driveway warming up, didn't notice how much fuel I had left, apparently just a few drops lol. Walked to the gas station with a jerry can and filled the car up.

photobucket-2121-1332286632174.jpg

photobucket-2147-1332286606131.jpg

Fun part with stickers comes next, getting a white windshield banner with black lettering and I have a vinyl guy who is going to make me a large American flag for the roof (Brumos style), team decals for the side, number panel going with 688, month/year I was born.

I have the hood pins, going to do them this weekend, I found the tow hooks im going to get, also found the kill switch to buy, its not a simple install.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
...also found the kill switch to buy, its not a simple install.

Actually, with a little inginuity, a kill switch is a piece of cake to wire in. When I wired my buddy's, we didn't want to take a chance on smoking the alternator, so we left the battery, starter, and alternator all connected together, but killed the feed to the rest of the car. When you flip the switch, it kills power to the fuel pump and DME, which in turn stops fuel flow and spark, thus no running engine, but the alternator still dumps into the battery during the shutdown, so no open-circuit stress. It can be done, and done with an off-the-shelf 2-pole kill switch.

Which one were you looking at?

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Actually, with a little inginuity, a kill switch is a piece of cake to wire in. When I wired my buddy's, we didn't want to take a chance on smoking the alternator, so we left the battery, starter, and alternator all connected together, but killed the feed to the rest of the car. When you flip the switch, it kills power to the fuel pump and DME, which in turn stops fuel flow and spark, thus no running engine, but the alternator still dumps into the battery during the shutdown, so no open-circuit stress. It can be done, and done with an off-the-shelf 2-pole kill switch.

Which one were you looking at?

For proper killing of a 944 you need a 6-pole kill switch, it gets wired to the battery, main electrical feed circuit, fuse box, ignition coil, ignition switch. Nee to wire to a fuse otherwise you can damage the electronics of the car. Its nothing crazy to do, just alot of wires and patience required.

Last edited:

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
For proper killing of a 944 you need a 6-pole kill switch, it gets wired to the battery, main electrical feed circuit, fuse box, ignition coil, ignition switch. Nee to wire to a fuse otherwise you can damage the electronics of the car. Its nothing crazy to do, just alot of wires and patience required.

Ahh... That's right, you didn't de-content the electrical. On ours, we completely gutted the shell, pitched all the body harnesses, and de-contented the DME and engine harness... Makes things a bit simpler when there's only 11lbs of wire in the whole car. Never mind!

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Ahh... That's right, you didn't de-content the electrical. On ours, we completely gutted the shell, pitched all the body harnesses, and de-contented the DME and engine harness... Makes things a bit simpler when there's only 11lbs of wire in the whole car. Never mind!

Yea these cars have a good amount of wiring in them but to make up for some weight im ditching the A/c compressor and the windshield washer reservoir neither of them work anyway. I am going to run the kill cable from the switch to the drivers side just below the windshield near the mirror so if need be I can jump out of the car and the switch is right there. I am waiting for a bit on income to flow my way so I can pick up the kill switch and all the bells and whistles to go with it.

Once I put it on my car, I will have to keep it parked in my driveway since there are always some asshole drunks that walk down my street at night and I know someone would pull it.

Mr. WHO

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, Ive been waiting and Ive been getting nothing. You cant do this to those that are living through you!

Edit: Update or..........IDK

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Hey, yea sorry, I do have updates, I did some maintenance on the car, I stopped the power steering leak finally, I also fixed my belts, no more whine, car runs like a champ once again. I have pictures to put up, just gotta get my camera. It has been a busy few weeks, graduating college, starting a new job, etc.

Stay tuned...

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Some updates on the car, still no new battery, but with my new job, it is a very real possibility of me buying one soon haha. I also am ordering the kill switch when I return from my vacation. The first picture is the car up on ramps, that was a fun ordeal, the front fascia hit the ramps so I had to find some boards to level it out, took some patience and sweating bullets a bit.

Second picture is the tools I needed to try and get my belts to the right tension, halfway through I had to go to South Jersey Auto Supply to get a wrench because I had nothing in 27mm.

Third picture is the belts themselves, I have very big hands and you know what that means, I wear big gloves you perverts lol, no it means that working in tiny areas like the one shown make it very painful, I no longer have skin on 6 fingers and I think I broke my thumb. Regardless I got it right and it runs great.

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0222.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

Again, the eagle eyed viewer will notice there is no beer in this picture, yes I did it stone cold sober, nothing but some good old Aquafina. I am leaving the area for a while so the car will sit untouched, but I do plan to take it to work tomorrow to get it running a bit and get stuff moving. I am going to put my windshield banner on tomorrow as well and when I say I am, I mean my sister the vinyl artist is doing it while I watch and try not to annoy her.

I really want to get my broken fog lights out and put in some brake ducts but I can't get the damn things out since the bolts are all rusted and stripped, so I have to get creative.

Last edited:

Mr. WHO

forum member
Reaction score
I know what you mean about fingers. I took about half of the tip of my pinky off the other day adjust pinion angle, it hurt, lol.

One thing I do have an issue with is, why are you on plywood? Dont you know card board is nicer to lay on!

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
I know what you mean about fingers. I took about half of the tip of my pinky off the other day adjust pinion angle, it hurt, lol.

One thing I do have an issue with is, why are you on plywood? Dont you know card board is nicer to lay on!

My freaking dog ate my cardboard I normally use so I dug around and found that plywood, it served its purpose. I need a crawler, my birthday is coming, I should start hinting that to my lovely fiance.

Mr. WHO

forum member
Reaction score
So.......................Ive been living through you on this one and your letting me down. Any news? Theres a few free mods there. Fog light removal...hint

Last edited:

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Yea sorry, I started a new job and work 60 hours a week, I haven't even started the car in 3 weeks. I put a windshield banner on it but that is about it, I had it laying around. I am planning to pull the fog lights and put in brake ducts.

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
Bad News Chaps

THE CAR IS FOR SALE

Due to financial strains, upcoming deployment, time limitations, space confinements and graduate school, I am forced to let the car go.

I am really bummed out that I gotta sell it but its the responsible thing to do, I need the money and not to have a car sitting abandoned for months.

I'm asking $4,000 OBO, has brand new carpeting, brand new Luisi Steering Wheel with 944 hub, brand new Cobra Monaco Seats with seat mounts (FIA Homogolated), new Race Quip (SFI rated) 5- point harnesses, Stable Energies Harness mount. Seats, harnesses and bar are all mounted using grade 8 hardware.

I'm listing it up officially tomorrow, just thought I'd throw it up here first. The car runs like a champ, has fresh plugs, hoses, belts, all new gaskets. 5speed manual, clutch has lots of life left. 138k on the clock. All parts I have with the car will be included.

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
That's sucks brother but you gotta do what is best. If you want to part it out let me know on the seats.

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
That's sucks brother but you gotta do what is best. If you want to part it out let me know on the seats.

Will do, i'd like to keep it together because who wants a car with no seats lol, but if it doesn't sell in a set amount of time, i'm going to take the entire car apart down to the engine mounts and sell it all out on ebay.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back