Your thoughts?

Mustangfreak

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Would putting a Saleen body kit on my car be lame, or not lame? I LOVE the S197 Saleens, and I'm a little tired of having a stock looking GT.

If I did get it, I wouldnt put the decal on the windshield, and I would have a body shop fill in the Saleen lettering on the bumper. Plus convert the bumper to accept normal exhaust instead of center.

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd say go for it. I also love the Saleen look besides the rear part around the taillights but I could never bring myself to pay that much money for it when I can just add performance parts or change my stance and add rims if I get bored with the stock GT look.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i dont care for the Saleen kit... however.. IMO NOT LAME!

if u like it.. go for it.. its ur car! end of story !!!

Last edited:

DKO

Shut up and die!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea, as mustang enthusiasts we've found it acceptable to clone Saleen's styling for years. In some cases, Steve Saleen (when he was the CEO) would even give his endorsement on cars that were made into perfect replicas of what you could buy off a showroom floor.

Saleen offers the Aero kits as performance parts, so why not make your own? I'd like to eventually do it with mine, but that's way down the road once I've run out of performance parts to buy.

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If I didn't have the GT/CS, that would be my choice or body kit. Quite elegant. Except for that huge lip spoiler and 6" extension....I'd do the GT500 rear lower fascia, ducktail spoiler, and the Saleen front fascia and vented hood.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i like the front and sides but not the rear. i have the side skirts myself

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
build the car for YOU, if that means YOU want a Saleen body kit and you have the money for it GET it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back