You're gonna laugh: Should I trade for a Focus ST?

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I don't know of a 3v that makes less power than Darren's car. Has to run to make power.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
damn op, glad you came to your senses. years back i traded my 5.0 for a more family oriented, an fuel efficient vehicle. instantly regretted it and it's not a mistake i'll ever make again. took me almost 20 years to get back in a mustang.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just buy a beater truck/suv. I'm in the process of getting a 4wd 03 Santa Fa for $1500.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
New Focus RS is 350hp/350tq. 22psi from the factory lol. I think the new one is AWD as well. Whole other category of car next to a mustang. Whole other category of cost and problems too lol.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
All comes down to what you want. Just know that the ST will be slower and have much less cool factor.

Also trade in value for 3v GTs is in the shitter right now. If you were going to trade, you should have done it last year.

I have been working on getting a second car. My stang was not supposed to be a DD but thats how it eventually ended up. I have 2 kids and a wife I cart around in the stang. But then again I saved my stock wheels and tires and the wife has a 7 pass SUV.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
I was actually going to trade my Bullitt for a ST but couldn't bring myself to do it. I bought 4 wheels and a set of four snow tires instead. The Mustang was a toy but when I changed jobs it became my DD.

D1984

forum member
Reaction score
i used to have a GTI back in '08. bought it brand new. it was fun at first with the turbo and DSG, but got old after a while. the thing seemed to run out of steam at 70mph, i can just never get into the sound of a turbo 4 cylinder, and i realized i would never need all that cargo space. the focus ST is very similar but a little quicker compared to the GTI, but still has a lot of the same negatives for me. plus at the end of the day, it's still wrong wheel drive. V8, RWD, manual...that's a combination that's hard to beat in terms of enjoyment. hell, if my old 540i wasn't such an unreliable turd i would still own it, since it was great to drive

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
I'm probably just gonna try and get some different wheels and tires and do a few more odds and ends over the winter. I was wanting to get it down into the 7's in the 1/8th by next season.

darrens07gt

forum member
Reaction score
This is why I have a 99 Saturn SL1 that's paid for to use as a daily driver. This way I can store the Mustang 6 months out of the year and drive it a decent amount the other 6 months of the year. And if something does break (on either car) then at least I have a backup vehicle until I can afford to get it fixed.

I'm glad you are re-considering because you have almost as low of miles on the mustang and don't owe all that much on it.

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
I sold my 1993 Cobra in 1999 because I needed a bigger car for 3 kids. Took me 5 years to get my 2004 CO Mach 1. Loved my Mach 1 but regretted selling the Cobra. Keep your Mustang.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I bought a Ranger for $150 out of some guy's garden, put $900 or so into new brakes and suspension, super cheap DD that costs 1/2 as much to plate and gets me around all winter, hauls parts.

The only problem with a cheap ass DD is they aren't as safe as a modern family hauler. I hope to trade this pickup on a Doge van when the kids show up.

Townson

forum member
Reaction score
I've got a little beater Civic that I daily. Thing is falling apart. Hell the radio doesn't even work lol

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, I got both. Daily driver gets 30+ MPG with spirited driving 90 minutes each way, and weekend warrior eats a lot of local muscle at the stoplights. Fun:
boystoys_zps67269307.jpg

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I can't tell which one is which!

NVM. Man, 11.89 is hauling for an n/a car.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can't tell which one is which!

NVM. Man, 11.89 is hauling for an n/a car.

Thanks, I think there was at least another tenth in that car, as my 60 wasn't the best I've done, and the shifts on that run weren't crisp, and in fact the trans went south later that day. I've since put a rebuilt race worthy 3650 in from Hanlon Motorsports, but taken the car off track duty to play with on weekends since the white GT/CS was sold...

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Did hanlon do anything special to the box? 26 spline input?

I usually buy all of my trans parts from that guy and I'm taking out my 3650 for a rebuild this off season.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll have to look up the invoice, but 26 spline input shaft, bronze guides, better shift forks/syncros...I remember it didn't cost me an arm and a leg either (Less than 2 grand I think). I just said I wanted it to handle 450HP/torque, should I ever get close. Shifts like butter...Have RAM HDX clutch kit for the street, and am storing the RAM Powergrip HD for now...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back