ZAINO'd!!!!!!!!

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
It's better to use a citrus based cleaner that is designed to remove old wax and not harm the paint. Poor boys world or chemical guys make good wax stripping car washes.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This pic looks Awesome ...........

Picture021-1.jpg

tigerhonaker

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
all by hand!!! u can use zaino with a machine but supposedly u end up using too much. I used less than 1 ounce of polish for each coat. I have always preferred applying wax (or the finishing touches) by hand.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I tend to apply sealant with my DA to get a good super thin and even coat, but for good waxes you should apply them by hand.

Zanio should be applied by hand for sure to achieve the best results according to what I've been told by some pro guys that use it regularly.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I want you to clean my car for me. That shit looks amazing!

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I noticed that Zanio actually says to use the Dish Soap as part of the instructions, lol. That's odd, cause any pro-detailer is going to discourage that for sure. Can't argue with results like that though.

Make sure to update us if all your clear coat turns yellow and falls off, lol JK

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
One of the best bodyman/painter I know recommended using dish soap to wash a car before detailing a car. I never read up on it to see if it is a good idea or not.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
This is on the Dawn Dish-Washing Liquid web site. . .
frag_topn_bg.gif
frag_topn_bg02.gif

Questions about Dawn® Dish Soap

What is in Dawn dishwashing liquid?

Can I use Dawn to clean things other than dishes?

How does Dawn compare to other dish soaps?

How does dish soap take out stains on clothes?

Which Dawn dish soap is better for me?

Can I add bleach to Dawn dish liquid?

Is Dawn Dish Liquid safe for sensitive skin?

Which company owns Dawn?

Does Dawn offer antibacterial hand soap?

What is the history of Dawn?

Are Dawn Antibacterial Hand Soaps to be used only as
hand soaps, or can they also be used as dishwashing detergents?

Am I supporting a good cause by using Dawn dish liquid?

SPECIAL FEATURES

Can I use Dawn to clean things other than dishes?
Dawn is so effective in cutting grease on dishes that over the years, consumers have used Dawn on other greasy messes around their homes, from cleaning kitchen messes like grease build up on the stove range hood to oily spots in the garage. Dawn is not recommended for window cleaning, car washing, body wash or washing hair."

Now that being said. I've also found sites saying that Dawn is bad to use on cars because it strips all the wax and sealant off leaving the car unprotected, but in some case you would want that.

However, I've found others saying that if you use Dawn to strip the car that it isn't as effective as products designed for that purpose since it cannot break down all layers of wax or sealants.

Last edited:

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
I dunno... it worked for me lol.

also, the dawn website just says not to wash the car with it (i would think they mean repeatedly, over and over- not just once). For what its worth, I dont think they dawn really removed EVERYTHING bc after I washed the car with dawn and washed it off, the water was still beading very nicely as if the car had some fresh wax on it (which it did bc I applied wax about 3 weeks prior).

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I say for the Zanio, use it, since they say to use it. I'm sure they know what they are talking about.

But in general, I'd say it's not a good practice to use it. If you want to strip the car, buy a car wash designed to strip the car so you know it's getting all the layers off.

If you're not wanting to strip the car then for sure don't use it. There are a lot of wax/sealant safe washes out there and they are fairley cheap. No reason to use a harsh dish soap on your car and take the chance.

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
Hey Vinny!

Great job! It's been a long time since I've seen your car! I still have pics of the two of ours together at the old LIStangs CP meets! We've both come a long way with the cars in 3 years!

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
Nice pics Ton- those were a long time ago!!! Lotta different installations on both of our cars- I've always admired what you've got goin on!!!

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
I say for the Zanio, use it, since they say to use it. I'm sure they know what they are talking about.

Zaino says to use Dawn....to strip all previous coats of was off the car. I do this once/year...some years, but that's it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back