NHRA rule change

GeorgeInNePa

forum member
Reaction score
"NHRA DRAGS: STREET LEGAL STYLE PRESENTED BY AAA (Page xiv) (5th paragraph)
Additionally rRequirements and specifications for Street Legal are the same as those for the Summit Racing Series with the following exception: Unaltered 2008 OEM model year and newer production cars running slower than 9.99 and 135 mph do not have to meet the requirements and specifications for the Summit Racing Series except for the following: Convertibles and T-tops must meet Summit Racing Series Roll Bar and Roll Cage requirements, All drivers must meet the Summit Racing Series Helmet and Protective Clothing requirements.”

----------------------------------

Check out the word in bold.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
So I can take my Veyron down the track now without a cage! SWEET!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I noticed the unaltered part as well. Leaves a lot of grey in there

firestang70

SW Ohio Ninja
Reaction score
Didn't notice that. How many cars run faster than 9.99 with stock tires then? lol

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well some can run sub 11.50 and define "unaltered"

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Forget the wording and get a Roll Bar if your car requires it with the previous standards. You are safer at that point!

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just couldn't see many GT500 owners being excited about putting a cage in for the casual run on drag radials.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
Yeah, I just couldn't see many GT500 owners being excited about putting a cage in for the casual run on drag radials.

Exactly the reason I probably won't mod mine, it went 11.62 stock on dr's so I don't see the point in adding power for the once or twice a year trip to the track if they're going to require a cage.

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
I was told last weekend at NMRA Houston by the tech inspector that I could run 10.0's all day long without a cage. He did say if I ran quicker than 10.0 they would tell me to slow down. He ask if I still had all the stock seat belts and airbags, which of course I do as its my daily driver.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
I was told last weekend at NMRA Houston by the tech inspector that I could run 10.0's all day long without a cage. He did say if I ran quicker than 10.0 they would tell me to slow down. He ask if I still had all the stock seat belts and airbags, which of course I do as its my daily driver.

True Street correct? I wonder if they were more lenient on you guys.

When I tech'd in Friday, they looked at every one of my SFI tags....

Our local track will not let you run without a roll bar sub 11.50.

Back