All Motor Chat - High Gearing, Light weight, Revin to the moon-

Cone Sweeper

Track Whore
Reaction score
www.wmsracing.com
I have one, I want to do a gt500 front end with a kr hood cut so it has a straight in scoop to the filter

That sounds like such a great idea but, unless it's different from the SC people, it creates a ton of turbulence for the MAF. It sounds real functional but it ends up being a pain in the ass. I only mention it because it's been an idea i've thrown around for road racing but seeing all the SC guys having issues with it.. i kinda let it go.

And Matt, does the " all motor crew " only drag race? :highfive:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That sounds like such a great idea but, unless it's different from the SC people, it creates a ton of turbulence for the MAF. It sounds real functional but it ends up being a pain in the ass. I only mention it because it's been an idea i've thrown around for road racing but seeing all the SC guys having issues with it.. i kinda let it go.

And Matt, does the " all motor crew " only drag race? :highfive:
Hell nah brotha :highfive:

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
I think I am.... Ive hit 7500 lol

Dammmmmnnnn

daaaaaamn.jpg

3vs197

forum member
Reaction score
6900 here and thats with stock springs. stock bottom end and nsr cams.

nicky chaos

I haz a bucket.
Reaction score
Count me in. Have the following mods planned for Spring: Comp 127200's, Mac long tubes, FRPP 4.10's, high flow cats (haven't settled on mid pipe yet), and possibly the FRPP intake manifold (if not this, then at least Steeda delete plates) and dyno tune. None of this is completely set in stone, as I have more research to do, but this basically where I'd like to start.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
6900 here and thats with stock springs. stock bottom end and nsr cams.

Where does your car peak on the dyno, and are you guys making power up at these elevated rpms or are you just occasionally running high rpm.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Where does your car peak on the dyno, and are you guys making power up at these elevated rpms or are you just occasionally running high rpm.

my power starts to drop at around 6200 rpm, winding it out is just much better for where the next gear lands.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
my power starts to drop at around 6200 rpm, winding it out is just much better for where the next gear lands.

Every car is different but I have found that typically thats a better strategy from a roll...but for drag racing or from a dig it makes sense to shift 2-300 rpm after your power peak.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
My power band used to run out around 5800-5900 and now that I have added the FRPP intake Manifold and made some tuning adjustments it seems to fall out right around 6100-6200

Still breaking in the 4.56s, havent got a chance to really run them. I have done a couple roll races and the car is a monster in 3rd gear.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Every car is different but I have found that typically thats a better strategy from a roll...but for drag racing or from a dig it makes sense to shift 2-300 rpm after your power peak.

Every car is different yes, but what people tend to overlook is how important that area where the next gear lands is :)

can't count how many times i've seen this...
"shift at 5800 bro"

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
HEY! What's going on here?? :thumb:

My car likes 6800 across the board, rev limiter is at 7200, if the track will take it I'll launch off the limiter..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back