any bowlers on here?

SRTthis

Reaction score
Been bowling since I was about 10 (23 now). I bowl once a week and I'm averaging between 215-220. I finally got my first 300 game this past summer and two months later, bowled another one. Highest series is 746, I think...and, like Derek, I'd like to get an 800 before I'm done, but I'm of the mind that it's damn near impossible.

Damn, John...an 866?????? :allhail:

congrats on the 300s man... ive got 3 now. my dad was there for my 2nd and 3rd and my 798 and 797 which beats and ties his high set of 797

my last 11 bagger was a flat 10 for 299. felt like i had been kicked in the balls since i never had a choke game

WhiteKnightGT

forum member
Reaction score
been in numerous leagues, best i have managed is a 289 on 3 occasions...hoping one day ill get the 300! best average in a league was 211...quite a few good bowlers on here.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
been in numerous leagues, best i have managed is a 289 on 3 occasions...hoping one day ill get the 300! best average in a league was 211...quite a few good bowlers on here.
My best was 289 a couple of times. With an average like that, you should get a 300 sooner than later.

A guy I bowl with finally got his first 300 a couple weeks ago. He's in his 50s and been bowling his whole life, averaging around 220. How he didn't get one before, I have no idea.

WhiteKnightGT

forum member
Reaction score
its elusive man...when i turned 21 i went bowling and had 9 perfect frames only to mess up the third throw in the tenth...wouldve been a neat bday present haha, did manage to get a hole in one tho!

LB75

forum member
Reaction score
My best has been a 246. I can't wait to get back on the lanes again. I jacked my elbow up again during the move last month and just waiting for it to heal so I can get back out there....

Maverick

Bad Pony
Reaction score
yea I forgot to mention my highest was 286, soooo close to a 300! I'll never forget that day.

but I do want to bowl a 300 before I die

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bowled a 156 yesterday morning, and without having a Bloody Mary....

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
My brother bowls in a local league so I will go and play a series with him every now and then when he is between seasons. I believe my highest ever was 170-175 however I have only been a handful of times. When I bowl it's straight down the lane rather than the leg sweep/curving ball haha.

SRTthis

Reaction score
i bowled like shit last night. ive never had so many issues trying to stop with the SST8's or hell any of my SST shoes ive had over the years (ive had the 4's 5's 6's and 8's now) and putting that much pressure on my heal did a number on my knee

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i bowled like shit last night. ive never had so many issues trying to stop with the SST8's or hell any of my SST shoes ive had over the years (ive had the 4's 5's 6's and 8's now) and putting that much pressure on my heal did a number on my knee
You and me both. I had a 328 going into my third game. I pulled a muscle in the 3rd frame, so I had to move left and let the ball do the work. I ended up bowling a 257. :kill:

At least I won some money - a teammate puts me in a high game pot and I play a poker game with another team...get a strike, pull a card. I lost money, though, because me and another guy bowl against two other guys for $1/game $2 for totals...lost $5 there. :damnit:

Maverick

Bad Pony
Reaction score
I eventually need to do an equipment upgrade. the last thing I bought was a brand new ball "Virtual Gravity" by Storm about a year ago my shoes are so outdated, they are ST5's, and the other balls I have are old Hammer's and Storm El Nino Balls. I even have old Brunswick balls sitting in my basement. Def need a new 4 ball bag carrier, its on its last wheel.

It would be great if everyone on this forum lived close to each other, we could have had a bowling night out.

SRTthis

Reaction score
I eventually need to do an equipment upgrade. the last thing I bought was a brand new ball "Virtual Gravity" by Storm about a year ago my shoes are so outdated, they are ST5's, and the other balls I have are old Hammer's and Storm El Nino Balls. I even have old Brunswick balls sitting in my basement. Def need a new 4 ball bag carrier, its on its last wheel.

It would be great if everyone on this forum lived close to each other, we could have had a bowling night out.

i have a 797 a 299 and a 300 with my virtual gravity... i liked it how it slow rolled when i wasnt ripping the cover off the ball and then the nights i was throwing it harder and ripping the cover off it would still get into a heavy roll but but have good angle to the pocket on it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OelcIo7G6Y this was my one and only 299 game

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
I bowl about 1-2 times every couple of years. went this past weekend and bowled a high of 168. last time out a year ago I bowled 184. both times I bowled the high score out of everyone of my girls family's score and they bowl more often. I'm just really competitive and find ways to beat them at everything haha

I have no spin. I just bowl it straight

10 years ago I would go a litle more often for a few months and averaged about 210-220.

SRTthis

Reaction score

btw check out the new storm prodigy if you like the VG. or a hyroad if you want something to play straighter with

the new track line up is pretty nice also. im throwing a 715C now and its allows me to get into about 6th arrow is i have to. it doesnt roll out like some of my my agressive stuff does when im that deep

Maverick

Bad Pony
Reaction score
btw check out the new storm prodigy if you like the VG. or a hyroad if you want something to play straighter with

the new track line up is pretty nice also. im throwing a 715C now and its allows me to get into about 6th arrow is i have to. it doesnt roll out like some of my my agressive stuff does when im that deep

yea I got a little while before I'm buying new equipment, I'll stick with the stuff that I already have....

Wish I Had a Nice Car

forum member
Reaction score
i used to bowl all the time before i joined the military. no 300 games but a couple of 250+'s. Went home on leave last summer and decided to pull out the old ball to find it was cracked the entire way through. Ima try to get back into anotherleague in a few months here and see how it goes.

SRTthis

Reaction score
welp im finally out of my slump.... my avg was up around 225 and dropped to 209.

shot 750 last night and it felt good!
226 245 279

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Theres not much I dont do. I was in a league for a year but dont have much time with 2 jobs, school, and everything else I got going on. Now I just bowl for free. Got a couple 240+ games, but never a 300 game.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back