any bowlers on here?

forango

forum member
Reaction score
I've been bowling since I was 10 years old. Last sanctioned league I bowled in I averaged 221. I'm pretty good. I've got (3) 300 perfect games and a 866 series under my belt.

Dude, what don't you do?! LOL

I have bowled most of my life off and on. Was in a league for a few years averaging almost 200, then destroyed my wrist in a boxing incident and my average dropped to a 184. Our team won the league and I finally took a few years off.

Went back to it recently after the break and just could not toss the ball the same (I use no thumb and a 16lb ball)...so i recently had the ball drilled for fingertip and HATE it. lol..Now I am in between on what to do..either stick with the fingertip, or go down in weight and toss no thumb again

Black3vGT

Reaction score
Been bowlin pretty much all my life, just coming back after taking a year off.

forango

forum member
Reaction score
Been bowlin pretty much all my life, just coming back after taking a year off.

Biggest thing I have been struggling with since taking my layoff is picking up spares. :rant:

I have been averaging 2.5 open frames per game. absolutely aggravating as hell..it is the only thing keeping me from wanting to bowl league again just yet.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm at 219.36 for my league average...would love to get it to 220, but I'm probably asking too much.

07 s197

forum member
Reaction score
Been bowling for awhile, avg has dropped to 218 at the moment. Have shot 1 300 and had 2 800 series.

funmoneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Been bowling all my life. I averaged 207 on two different leagues this year. I have one 300 game. Highest series this year is a 775 and 776 is my highest ever. Have had chances at 800 going into the 10th frame of the last game but messed it up. Our team on Monday nights won our league this year, yay!! I love bowling and will do it as long as I can still throw the ball.

Now it's time to golf!! (if it ever gets warm here!!)

postalworker

forum member
Reaction score
Bowled in leagues when I was a teenager, got back into it in my 40's.
No 300, highest 289. But after 3 surgeries and 5 pins in the shoulder cannot
take a chance on tearing it up again so had to quit. It's too bad because it is
a good enjoyable sport, at least until you have to compete against the a**wipes
who get all temper-tantrum and upset when they are not winning...

SRTthis

Reaction score
we have 3 weeks left on our monday leauge... next season they said they are going to shorten the oil pattern between 2 and 3 feet. which would put it the same length that it was last year when i tore it up

Black3vGT

Reaction score
My summer league starts up in about 2 months, still got some practicing to do but i'm hoping to be around 215-220, but don't know if i'll ever get back to 230. My injury has healed so i'm looking to see how it goes.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Shot an 809 tonight...my personal best by far.

forango

forum member
Reaction score
congats man! i still want that 800 REALLY bad

X2 here

I actually bowled my first clean game in over 2 years this weekend. lol..then followed it up with another..236/246..that will keep me happy for now

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
congats man! i still want that 800 REALLY bad
Thanks, man.

Funny thing was after the first two games, I really didn't think I'd get near it...I figured I'd fuck up along the way...but my line held and I got some breaks. It's good I did it now, because I doubt I'll ever get there again. My highest before this was a 744, I think...for a 220 average, that's pretty low.

Attachments

• 809.jpg
    809.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 6

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Top tip: lay your ball in the sun or in some warm (90F+) place. The oil oozes out and your ball will react like it did when you first got it. Pretty sure doing that was about 75% of my success last night. I don't think every type of ball works, though...most newer reactive stuff will, I believe.

Last edited:

SRTthis

Reaction score
Top tip: lay your ball in the sun or in some warm (90F+) place. The oil oozes out and your ball will react like it did when you first got it. Pretty sure doing that was about 75% of my success last night. I don't think every type of ball works, though...most newer reactive stuff will, I believe.
hot water also works.
ive also been known to use a heat gun.
morich suggest a dishwasher. but i think my girl might kill me if she catches me trying that shit.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back