Famoso TNT May 23rd Friday 6pm

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, so this is only the second one on the schedule, so it will be crowded. I would say 4 runs maximum probably.

But......this track is awesome, great DA and awesome track prep, and everyone I know turns their fastest ET's here. This track is consistenly 2 tenths faster then CA Speedway.

So roll call---I will be there.

Dean? Ken? Don? etc?

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I'm about 99% sure I won't be there. Hell, my car may still at ST then.

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh OK!! It is still possible, but you would have to break it in on the way there. lol

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I arrived in Bakersfield at 2am lastnight and Im ready for the 23rd, cant wait to see you guys run!

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I'm about 99% sure I won't be there. Hell, my car may still at ST then.

Hey Don, if your car isn't ready. We could both go and take pictures/video's. If your car is ready and you go, I just might go just to take pictures/video's.
If all you guys go that'll be great if I do make it. What about Adam? Hell, if he gets my son's car (Eric, who's in Iraq now) done maybe I can go race his car, shhhh! lol

Here's his 03 Mach I after Adam installed a Procharger and the trans was rebuild by Tony. His car sounds bad.

Last edited:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Hey Don, if your car isn't ready. We could both go and take pictures/video's. If your car is ready and you go, I just might go just to take pictures/video's.
I won't make the trip there to race until I have a trailer. And that's at least a year away. And I'll have to think about going to spectate... it's still 240 miles one way. hahah

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I won't make the trip there to race until I have a trailer. And that's at least a year away. And I'll have to think about going to spectate... it's still 240 miles one way. hahah

I didn't know it was 240 miles away, looks like I won't make after all.

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well everyone..... I dont blame you for not comeing due to chance of rain but it did not rain. Instead we had a temp. of 60 degrees and head winds of 20-30mph and it sucked! It wasnt to bad for awhile and the cars got to run like crazy but at about 9 o'clock the dust and wind got really bad and they couldnt keep the dust off of the track. I was a little chilly(frikin cold!) in the stands, and got tired of waiting for the wind and dust to die down so we left around 9:30. I had an ok time watching but did not see ANY "fast" S197's. Only a handful there and none (that I saw)ran under mid 13's. I hope that there is a next time that we can try to schedule something so that I can see some fellow forum members run. Damn crazy desert weather interfered this time! Who would have thought that they actually call for rain here? lol

Shawn

Last edited:

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We are looking at the private track rental 6/13 @ cal speedway next, and there's some weekend events like Summit Series too. I guess it was a good thing we didn't go if the track was getting dusted; it's no fun skating on the back half from a dust coating on the track!!!

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well everyone..... I dont blame you for not comeing due to chance of rain but it did not rain. Instead we had a temp. of 60 degrees and head winds of 20-30mph and it sucked! It wasnt to bad for awhile and the cars got to run like crazy but at about 9 o'clock the dust and wind got really bad and they couldnt keep the dust off of the track. I was a little chilly(frikin cold!) in the stands, and got tired of waiting for the wind and dust to die down so we left around 9:30. I had an ok time watching but did not see ANY "fast" S197's. Only a handful there and none (that I saw)ran under mid 13's. I hope that there is a next time that we can try to schedule something so that I can see some fellow forum members run. Damn crazy desert weather interfered this time! Who would have thought that they actually call for rain here? lol

Shawn

Yep - the puring rain here in LA all weekend cancelled all my race plans this weekend.

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I head to Mesa Arizona next Wed. till around the 25th of next month and then I will be back to Bakersfield so if anything pops when I get back, keep me in mind.

Thanks,
Shawn

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back