JMS PedalMAX Drive By Wire Throttle Enhancement Device

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
So this seems interesting -

http://www.americanmuscle.com/jms-pedalmax-1116.html

The fact that it's stackable with other OBD port related items is awesome and that it's not a permanent mod is a plus, as well.

But I'm wondering - with the impending Lund tune I'm about to order soon...won't throttle response be enhanced already? So I shouldn't really worry about a product such as this, right?

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
No, you shouldn't need that. I have a Lund tune in the 06 and it feels a lot better stock.

Did eighty6gt's post get hacked?

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
That is a useless item. Proper tune and be done.

Thereaper

forum member
Reaction score
If you're going to tune the car you will not need it.

If you're worried about the warranty and not tuning then this could
make your throttle a little snappier.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
No, you shouldn't need that. I have a Lund tune in the 06 and it feels a lot better stock.

Did eighty6gt's post get hacked?

Okie doke. Yeah, I don't know what happened there. lol.

That is a useless item. Proper tune and be done.

If you're going to tune the car you will not need it.

If you're worried about the warranty and not tuning then this could
make your throttle a little snappier.

I figured as much. I like lightening fast (cable-like) throttle response. So hopefully the Lund tune can make that happen.

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score
Haha, that thing is a joke. Improve acceleration and increase horsepower and torque? Just push the gas pedal down farther, that's all that thing does. Any tune can take care of that.

Now there may be some gap or dead space in your pedal and no tune can get rid of that. But you can shim the pedal with some lead tape and this will remove any physical dead spots at the beginning of your pedal travel.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Haha, that thing is a joke. Improve acceleration and increase horsepower and torque? Just push the gas pedal down farther, that's all that thing does. Any tune can take care of that.

Now there may be some gap or dead space in your pedal and no tune can get rid of that. But you can shim the pedal with some lead tape and this will remove any physical dead spots at the beginning of your pedal travel.

That's a pretty good idea. Yeah, I don't know if instance throttle response is something I can request when I order the NGauge/Lund tune combo or not.

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
I'm tuning with Jon right now and he has been messing with my peddle. At first it was too snappy and he had too much delay when I let off the peddle. He did that on purpose so it wouldn't stall between gears. Then he smoothed it out for me and shortened the delay. He can do anything with it. You just have to talk to him. I probably talk to him too much. I wouldn't be surprised if he blocks me pretty soon. HaHa.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
Just tell Jon what you want and he'll take care of it.

I'm tuning with Jon right now and he has been messing with my peddle. At first it was too snappy and he had too much delay when I let off the peddle. He did that on purpose so it wouldn't stall between gears. Then he smoothed it out for me and shortened the delay. He can do anything with it. You just have to talk to him. I probably talk to him too much. I wouldn't be surprised if he blocks me pretty soon. HaHa.

Awesome! Can't wait!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back